Popular after-market custom mobile software developers Team Bliss has released their new BlissPop firmware to the 2014 flagship smartphone OnePlus One.
The new BlissPop custom ROM is based on the latest Android 5.1.1_r1 Lollipop, which is released only to select Android affiliated Nexus devices. It brings a lot of bug fixes, usual performance tweaks, improvements in battery life and also tons of customisation options such as:
- Animation (IME, Toast, Listview, System scrolling cache and modifiers)
- New notification drawer features (with Status bar header (weather), tile options, flashlight option, Custom Color Tile Option (Set background, Icons & text), quick setting options, Brightnes slider toggle, SlimActions tile, auto Close panel, Force expanded notifications, Vibrate, detailed Wi-Fi view & Advanced location options)
- Heads Up Notification option
- Lockscreen options (Long press lock icon to sleep, shortcuts, bottom corner targets, weather options, customize test & icon colors, clock widget settings, music visualizer options, power button lock option, lock method options)
- Power Menu options (Power Off, Reboot, One-click reboot, screen record, profile switcher, settings shor-cut, device lock-down and many more)
- Gesture Anywhere ( with Location options, trigger region options)
- App bar circle (with add App options, Trigger width, position and height options)
- Sound options (Link Ringtone & Notification toggle, Media, Alarm, Volume steps, Launch Music app option, Touch sounds, charging sounds, camera shutter & screen-shot sounds and many more )
- Display & Light options (Smart cover, Adaptive brightness, live disiplay, Rotation, double tap to sleep, wake on plug, sleep time, cast screen, Day dream, DPI, Battery light, Notification light with per App settings)
- Notification Manager (which comes with Device lock options, Block app notifications, disable persistant info and prioirity app notifications)
- AudioFX Equaliser
Prerequisites (things to remember before installing Custom ROM)
- This BlissPop Android 5.1.1 Lollipop custom ROM has to be installed only on OnePlus One aka Bacon models only; if tried on other devices, it might get bricked [To check your device model: Go to Settings >> About phone >> model number]
- Though installing custom ROM improves the device's performance and UI experiences, it makes the company warranty void and they will no longer be liable to provide updates in future [users can restore warranty by flashing the device with stock-ROM].
- Make sure the device is rooted (Bootloader unlocked) before going forward for custom ROM installation.
- Installation of custom ROM requires clearing of memory in the smartphone, so make sure to back all the data by installing Clockwork Mod (CWM) Recovery/ TWRP in the smartphone.
- Users make sure they have installed USB drivers on the PC, or else your device (Moto E) will not be recognised by the computer.
- Make sure your device has more than 80% battery, or else there is a chance of the smartphone getting temporarily bricked if the installation process is interrupted mid-way.
[Disclaimer:This procedure is very technical and should be performed by a person with sound knowledge of rooting (or manual software installation) Android devices. If the step-by-step installation process is not followed properly, there are chances of the smartphone getting bricked or being permanently irreparable. IBTimes India cannot be held responsible for any damage or claims from readers if the procedure does not yield the required results or if the smartphone is bricked. Hence, users are advised to proceed with caution.]
Tutorial: Step-by-step installation procedure of BlissPop Android 5.1.1 Lollipop custom ROM on OnePlus One (aka Bacon) model:
Step 2: Connect OnePlus One to PC via USB cord.
[Note: Before plugging the phone to the computer, be sure that you have installed USB driver software, if not, click HERE to download the firmware]
Step 3: Then, place Android 5.1.1 Lollipop Custom ROM zip file and the Google Apps .zip file into the phone's storage memory. [Note: Users are advised to paste the .zip file in the storage root folder, not in any other folder.]
[Note: Before users' begin installing the custom software, be sure that the device must have rooted and has installed ClockworkMod Recovery/TWRP tool.]
Step 4: Now, turn off the device and disconnect from the PC.
Step 5: Then perform the regular Recovery Mode sortie by press holding 'Volume (Down)' and 'Power' buttons.
Step 6: After entering the RECOVERY mode, clear the phone memory, by selecting 'wipe data/factory reset'.
[Note: use 'Volume' keys to navigate and 'Power' button to select options, while operating under Recovery Mode]
Step 7: Now, clear the cache memory by choosing 'wipe cache partition'.
Step 8: Then to go back to ClockworkMod recovery, and select 'advanced' and tap 'wipe dalvik cache' [Note: This step is optional, but many recommend this procedure so that user will not face boot loops or any other errors in the middle of custom ROM installation]
Step 9: Again come back to main recovery screen and then tap 'install zip from SD card'.
Step 10: Then tap 'choose zip from sdcard' and go to Android 5.1 Lollipop ROM .zip file in SD card and enter the installation process. Repeat the same procedure to install Google Apps [Note: use 'Volume' keys to navigate and 'Power' button to select options]
Step 11: Once done with the installation process, navigate to '+++++Go Back+++++' and re-start the device by opting 'reboot system now' seen in the recovery menu.
Now, your device (OnePlus One) will take a few minutes to complete the booting process.
Users then head to 'Settings' >> select 'About phone' to confirm the installation of BlissPop Android 5.1.1 Lollipop custom ROM.
[Credits: tobitege, Vortex1969, Team Bliss, XDA Developers Forum, Cyanogenmod team, @Chainfire, NamelessRom, SlimRoms, EuphoriaOS, CRDoid, @skyliner33v, @electrikjesus, @pjgraber03 , @death2all110 , @nicholaschum, @genesixxbf3 @tobitege and @Kryten2k35 ]
[Note if faced with any issues (or bugs) after installing the new BlissPop Android 5.1.1 Lollipop on OnePlus One, please leave ypur feedback, HERE]