The newest version of Android 4.4.4 KitKat CM11 M8 firmware comes to Google Nexus 4 from the CyanogenMod, the custom ROM developers.
Android v4.4.4 KitKat CM11 M8 Custom ROM is based on the latest version 4.4.4 KitKat OS that enables users to have options to customize in order to boost the performance of the device. Apart from that, it will also have a newer visual interface that will allow users to have an easier access to some of the crucial apps and other uniquely helpful features.
Things to Remember before the Installation:
· Rooting enables users to install custom ROMs or third party apps of their choice and also perform tweaks in the settings to improve the device's performance. Though users get more control over the smartphone this way, it makes the company warranty void and they will no longer be liable to provide future updates [warranty can be restored by flashing the device with stock-ROM].
· This Android 4.4.4 KitKat CM11 M8 Custom ROM has to be installed only on Google-LG Nexus 4 model only [To check your model: Go to Settings >> About phone >> model number].
· One of the main prerequisite before installing the custom ROM is that the phone must be rooted and must have the ClockworkMod Recovery/TWRP tool installed.
· Installation of custom ROM requires clearing of whole data in the smartphone, so make sure to back up them.
· Users need to make sure that USB drivers have been installed on the PC to connect your Google-LG Nexus 4 and your smartphone must have more than 80 percent battery.
[Disclaimer: This procedure is very technical and should be performed by a person with sound knowledge of rooting (or manual software installation) of Android devices. If the step-by-step installation process is not followed properly, there are chances of the smartphone getting bricked or may even lead to the device being permanently irreparable. International Business Times, India Edition cannot be held responsible for any damage or claims from readers if the procedure does not yield the required results or if smartphones get bricked. Hence users are advised to proceed with caution].
A Step-by-step Installation Procedure of Android v4.4.4 KitKat CM11 M8 Custom ROM for Google-LG Nexus 4:
Step 2: Connect Google-LG Nexus 4 to PC via USB cord.
[Note: Before plugging the phone to the computer, make sure you have installed USB driver software, if not, click here to download the firmware].
Step 3: Now copy/paste the downloaded Android 4.4.4 ROM zip and Google Apps zip files to your internal SD card. [Note: Users are advised to paste the .zip file in SD card root, not in any other folder].
Step 4: Now turn off your phone and disconnect from the USB cable.
Step 5: Now perform the regular 'Bootloader Mode' sortie by press holding 'volume up', 'volume down' and 'power' buttons.
Step 6: Select 'Bootloader mode' and then go to the ClockworkMod Recovery mode, then perform full data wipe, by choosing 'wipe data/factory reset' [Note: Users must make use of the Volume keys to navigate and power button for selection of options, while operating under Recovery Mode].
Step 7: Now users must clear the cache memory by selecting "wipe cache partition."
Step 8: Though this is optional, it is recommended that users tap 'wipe dalvik cache.' Performing this will not allow them to get into boot loops or any other errors. So from ClockworkMod recovery, one has to go to 'advanced' and then select "wipe dalvik cache."
Step 9: Now get back to the main recovery screen and select "install zip from SD card."
Step 10: Now select "choose zip from sdcard" and head to Android 4.4.4 ROM zip file that is copied to the SD card and enter the installation process. Repeat the same procedure for installing Google Apps. [Note: Use volume keys to navigate and power button to select options].
Step 11: Once the installation is completed, go to "+++++Go Back+++++" and reboot the phone by selecting "reboot system now" from the recovery menu.
After the completion of these procedures, the device will require atleast five minutes to finish the booting process.
Users must then go to Settings >> select 'About phone' to confirm the installation of Android 4.4.4 CM11 M8 KitKat Custom ROM.
[Credits: Team Android]