Good time is here for Indian gadget lovers with over a dozen smartphones, including some of the most awaited devices, including iPhone 6S, Nexus 5X, Moto X Style and Nexus 6P, all set to hit the stores in October before the festive season sets in.
Here are some top smartphones you can buy in October:
1) Apple iPhone 6S: The smartphone will be released in India on 16 October with its price starting from Rs 62,000 for its base model (16 GB), while 64 GB variant will cost Rs 72,000 and Rs 82,000 for 128 GB.
iPhone 6s comes with a 4.7-inch LED-backlit IPS screen with Retina HD and boasts of 1334 x750 pixels (326ppi pixel density). It has Apple A9 chip, iOS 9 (upgradable to iOS 9.0.2), 16/64/128GB internal memory, 2 GB RAM, 12 MP iSight camera with 4K video recording, 5 MP front FaceTime HD camera, Retina Flash and non-removable 1810mAh battery under the hood.
2) Apple iPhone 6S Plus: The device starts at a price of Rs 72,000 for 16 GB model, Rs 82,000 for 64 GB and Rs 92,000 for 128 GB. It will be released in India on 16 October.
The device sports a 5.5-inch LED-backlit IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen with 1080 x 1920 pixels (401 ppi pixel density). Under the hood, it has Apple A9 chip, iOS 9 (upgradable to iOS 9.0.2), 16/64/128GB internal memory, 2 GB RAM, 12 MP main camera, 5 MP front snapper and non-removable 2750 mAh battery.
3) LG Nexus 5X: It will be released on 13 October with a price tag of Rs 31,900 for 16 GB model and Rs 35,999 for 32 GB. It has features like a 5.2-inch full HD screen with 1920x1080 resolution (423 ppi pixel density), Qualcomm Snapdragon 808, Android 6.0 Marshmallow, 16/32 GB internal storage, 2 GB RAM, 12.3MP main camera, 5 MP front snapper and non-removable 2700 mAh battery.
4) Huawei Nexus 6P: Set for release on 13 October, the device will cost Rs 39,999 for 32 GB variant and Rs 42,999 for 64 GB model. It sports a 5.7-inch AMOLED capacitive touchscreen with 1440 x 2560 pixels (518 ppi pixel density), Qualcomm MSM8994 Snapdragon 810, Android 6.0 Marshmallow, 32/64/128 GB internal storage, 3 GB RAM, 12 MP main camera, 8 MP front snapper and non-removable 3450 mAh battery.
5) Huawei Honor 7: The device will be available exclusively on Flipkart starting 15 October and it will cost Rs 22, 999. It has features like 5.2-inch display with 1080 x 1920 pixels (424ppi pixel density), HiSillicon Kirin 935 processor, 16/64 GB internal memory, 3 GB RAM, Android 5.0 Lollipop, 20 MP main camera, 8 MP front snapper and 3100mAh battery.
6) Moto X Style: It will be available in India from 14 October on Flipkart and comes with a price tag of Rs 29,999 for 16 GB and Rs 31,999 for 32 GB. It comes with a 5.7-inch IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen with 1440 x 2560 pixels (520 ppi pixel density), Android 5.1.1 Lollipop, Qualcomm MSM8992 Snapdragon 808, 16/32/64 GB internal memory (microSD card up to 128 GB), 3 GB RAM microSD, 21 MP main camera, 5 MP front snapper and non-removable 3000 mAh battery
7) Gionee Elife E8: It will be available in India from 12 October on Snapdeal with a price tag of Rs 34,999. It has features like a 6.0-inch QHD AMOLED display, MediaTek Helio X10 processor, Android 5.1 Lollipop, 64 GB internal storage, 3 GB RAM, 24 MP rear camera with OIS, 8 MP front camera and 3500mAh battery.
8) Meizu M2: The device was launched in China recently and is set for release in India next week. It has features like 5.0-inch IPS HD display with 1280x720 pixels (294 ppi pixel density), MediaTek MT6835, Android 5.1 Lollipop with Flyme v4.5 UI, 16 GB internal memory expandable up to 128 GB, 2 GB RAM, 13 MP main camera, 5 MP front camera and 2500 mAh battery.
9) Coolpad Dazen Note 3: The device is expected to be launched in India this week. It comes with features like 5.5-inch HD IPS display with 720 x 1280 pixels, 64-bit MediaTek MT6753 processor, Android 4.4 with Cool UI 6.0, 16 GB internal memory (with microSD card up to 64 GB), 2/3 GB RAM, 13 MP rear camera, 5 MP front camera and 3000 mAh battery.
There are also reports that Lenovo Vibe P1 and Lenovo Vibe P1m will be released in India this month but it is not confirmed yet.