You see beautiful girls with perfect figure - some even size zero - on the television screen, cinema halls, wayside posters, paper cones, and almost everywhere. And if you want to be slim like them but think that's not possible, here is something that will surprise you.
Few of the sexy and slim Indian actresses you see today were fat or even obese at some point of time. Heavy works out and strict diet regimes helped these celebrities shed the weight and fit into the characters of their films. Some even shed more than 30 kilos.
Here are five Bollywood actresses who were once obese:
1) Kareena Kapoor was once a chubby and fat girl but she transformed her looks before entering the film Industry. A strict diet and power yoga helped her shed the kilos and get an enviable figure. She was even in the news for her size zero figure and was even criticized by some for being too skinny.
2) Sonam Kapoor, actor Anil Kapoor's daughter, was on the end of the weight scale at 86 kilos till she was offered a role in "Saawariya". She lost more than 30 kilos to fit into the character of Sanjay Leela Bhansali's film, which had Ranbir Kapoor in the lead role. Now, many will not believe that she was once fat.
3) Sonakshi Sinha stunned audiences with her shapely Indian figure in her debut film "Dabangg". But, It was not a cakewalk for Shatrughan Sinha's little girl to get the figure. She shed about 30 kilos for the look you saw in the film.
4) Alia Bhatt, daughter of filmmaker Mahesh Bhatt, looked slim and smart in her debut film, "Student Of The Year", directed by Karan Johar. Surprisingly, she was fat and curvy once. She had to lose 16 kilos to get the figure you saw on screen.
5) Parineeti Chopra, who could be identified better as Priyanka Chopra's cousin, was fat before joining Bollywood. She shed the kilos to fit into the character of her debut film, "Ladies Vs Ricky Bahl" which got her many film awards in the debutante actress category.