Smartphone markets around the world witnessed a drastic change over the last few years with some companies releasing handsets at an affordable price despite good features, thus eating up revenues of big brands, especially in emerging and price-conscious markets.
Interestingly, companies like Xiaomi, Huawei, Meizu, OnePlus, Lenovo, Oppo and others that succeeded by making budget smartphones are from China. Let us check out the best smartphone makers from China according to Chinese Smartphones website.
Here is a list of top 10 Chinese smartphone brands according to the site:
1) Xiaomi: It tops the list of best Chinese smartphone brands. It stormed the market with budget and mid-range devices like Redmi Note 2, Redmi Note 2 Prime, Redmi Note 2 Prime, Mi 4i, Redmi 2A, Mi Note Pro, Mi Note, Redmi 2, Redmi Note 4G, Mi 4, Redmi Note, Redmi 1s, Mi 3 and several others over the last few years and became one of the leading smartphone makers of the world in just a short span of time.
2) Huawei: The company behind Mate S, Honor 7i, Honor 4A, G8, Honor 4C, P8lite, Honor Bee, MediaPad M2, Honor 6 Plus, Honor 4X, Honor Holly and dozens of other devices is rated the second best Chinese smartphone brand.
3) Meizu: It is the third best mobile phone makers in China. The company made its presence felt with devices like M2, MX5, M2 Note, M1, M1 Note, MX4, MX4 Pro, MX, MX2 and MX3.
4) Oppo: This Company, which made the thinnest smartphone, R5, measuring just 4.85 mm last year, comes fourth. It has made other devices like R7 lite, R5s, Mirror 5s, Mirror 5, Joy 3, R7 Plus, R7, Neo 5, Joy Plus, Mirror 3, A31, R1x, U3, Find 7, N3 and dozens of others.
5) OnePlus: It became popular overnight with the release of OnePlus One. The release of its flagship smartphone OnePlus 2 will make it even more popular and it will be interesting to see the kind of devices it has in store.
6) Zopo: It makes good smartphones with good build quality, but the company seems to have faltered in marketing so it lags behind other brands. It has devices like Speed 7, Speed 7+, ZP999, 3X, ZP530, ZP330, ZP920, ZP700, ZP600+ and several others to its credit.
7) Elephone: The company comes at the seventh position. It aims at making cheap devices with good specifications and some of its known devices are P7000, P8000, P6000 Pro, S2, G9, P4000, P9000, P6i, Trunk and Vowney.
8) Lenovo: The PC maker forayed into mobile phones and made its presence felt in a short period of time. It has released devices like A5000, A6000, K3 Note, A7000, Zuk Z1, A2010, A3900, K80, S60, A1900, Vibe Shot, Vibe X2 Pro and several others.
9) ZTE: This company also seems to have failed on the marketing front like Zopo, as it could not storm the market despite making some cool handsets. It has made dozens of devices like Axon Elite, Nubia My Praque, Axon Lux, Boost MAX+, Blade D6, Axon Pro, Obsidian, Sonata 2, Maven, Nubia Z8 Max, Blade S6 and Grand S3 among others.
10) UMI: This mobile phone maker has devices like eMax, Iron, Hammer S, Zero 2, eMax Mini, C1, X1 Pro, X2S and Cross to its credit. Its flagship smartphone has good specifications and build quality, so it has every chance of making it big in the near future.