"Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege," first-person shooter video game from developer and publisher Ubisoft, received a new update 3.0 and will get new Operation Dust Line that will add new free map to the game. Operation Dust Line will be available on May 11.
Operation Dust Line features two new operators, Valkyrie (defence) and Blackbeard (attacker), from the U.S. Navy SEALs. Valkyrie offers players with deployable sticky cameras and Blackbeard would be equipped with rifle and shield. Operation Dust Line will also see a new Border map being made available for free to all players.
This is the second of the four major content update for "Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege." The previous update was Operation Black Ice that came with two operators, Frost and Buck from Canada's Joint Task Force 2 and a new Yacht map.
Border is map where the Team Rainbow is tasked to help the local law enforcement and regain control of the border. The map features mix of old and new buildings with open air pathways. It is an open map.
Players will get new Dust Line weapon skins like USA desert Camo, Dust Line signature skin, Navy SEAL skin and more. Players will be able to upgrade their basic headgear to high quality military and fantasy gear. Players can equip their favourite weapon with a lucky charm before heading into battle.
The Operation Dust Line update brings new winners' showcase to the end of multiplayer matches, where the winning team is shown in all its glory to both the winning and the losing teams. Players will also be able to customise the operator's loadout between each round.
Meanwhile, the new update 3.0 has also been shared by Ubisoft in its post detailing Operation Dust Line on its website. The patch size is 4.56GB.
Ubisoft detailed full patch notes that included game balancing, players comfort, playlist changes, gameplay optimisation and other improvements. The update also includes several bug fixes for the game.
- IQ's gadget now has enhanced visual feedback
- Tachanka's LMG is now easier to place and easier to use
- Montagne's shield adds side protection
- Frost no longer has a Nitro Cell
- Buck gets grenades & reduced recoil, but his shotgun loses range
- Thatcher's EMP grenade gets a range reduction
- Sledge swaps Breach Charges for Stun Grenades
- Thermite swaps Frag Grenades for Stun Grenades
- The FBI SWAT Recruit Shield loadout will now have heavy armour
Gadget and Attachment Balancing
- Introducing gadget placement cancellation controls
- Red Dot & Reflex Triangle sights now more precise
- Flash Hider & Compensator adjustments
- Stun Grenades now detonate faster after contact
Pump-Action Shotgun rebalance
Players can check here for the full patch notes. "Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege" is available on PC, PS4 and Xbox One.