Teacher Appreciation Week has begun in the United States and the National Teacher Day has also arrived. The National Education Association describes national Teacher Day as "a day for honoring teachers and recognizing the lasting contributions they make to our lives".
Although we often fail to realize, the role of a teacher is perhaps one of the most important one in our lives. They are often considered second to our parents and very frequently considered as parents away from home - the people who give us education, knowledge and guidance, the most important jewels of our life.
In celebration of Teacher Appreciation Week and the National Teacher Day 2014, let us look at some of the most heart-warming quotes to share with your teachers while showing your gratitude towards the unrelenting service and love they have rendered for you:
1. It is the supreme art of the teacher to awaken joy in creative expression and knowledge - Albert Einstein
2. I have come to believe that a great teacher is a great artist and that there are as few as there are any other great artists. Teaching might even be the greatest of the arts since the medium is the human mind and spirit. - John Steinbeck
3. The task of the modern educator is not to cut down jungles, but to irrigate deserts. - C. S. Lewis
4. The one exclusive sign of through knowledge is the power of teaching. - Aristotle
5. The dream begins with a teacher who believes in you, who tugs and pushes and leads you to the next plateau, sometimes poking you with a sharp stick called 'truth'. - Dan Rather
6. I like a teacher who gives you something to take home to think about besides homework. - Lily Tomlin
7. Teachers can change lives with just the right mix of chalk and challenges - Joyce Meyer
8. A teacher is a person who never says anything once. - Howard Nemerov
9. Only one person in a million becomes enlightened without a teacher's help. - Bodhidharma
10. That is the difference between good teachers and great teachers: good teachers make the best of a pupil's means; great teachers foresee a pupil's ends. - Maria Callas
11. The most important part of teaching is to teach what it is to know. - Simone Weil