Tata Motors's all new Safari Storme finally hit the Indian roads on Wednesday at a starting price ₹9.95 lakhs.
The recently launched vehicle is the overhauled version of the company's iconic SUV Safari. The Safari Storme arrived with an improved 2.2 L VariCOR engine, turbocharged with VTT, that expects to generate a power of 140 PS Power and 320 NM torque. The basic look of the SUV reminds of its precursor Safari, but integrates a slew of new features.
"In the Tata Safari Storme, we once again demonstrate Tata Motors' commitment to customer centricity. We were the first to introduce SUV's in India. We now leverage our experience and customer understanding, creating an ideal SUV for today's motorists, who desire in their vehicle a perfect combination of versatility and luxury," said Karl Slym, Managing Director of Tata Motors at the launch.
The exteriors of Tata Safari Storme sport a new front look grill, side cladding and new projector headlamps. The power bulged bonnet gives a sportier look to the vehicle.
The interiors of the new Tata SUV feature tilt-adjust, reclining front bucket seats with fore/aft adjustment position and lumbar support. The Safari Storme will be available in four variants - LX, EX, VX (4x2 and 4x4) and come in seven colours which include Urban Bronze, Sardinia Red, Pearl White, Pearl Champagne, Astern Black, Arctic White and Arctic Silver. The entire range is offered with a warranty of three years.
Five Reasons why you should own Safari Storme:
1. With the ESOF (electronic shift-on-fly) technology and improved engine in Safari Storme, the Safari Storme is expected to deliver better fuel efficiency of 14 kilometres per litre in the 4x2 variant and 13.2 kilometres per litre in the 4x4 variant.
2. The SUV boasts an interior with ample leg space and headroom which can comfortably accommodate the family and luggage.
3. The base model of Safari Storme is loaded with ABS, an Audio Unit, a Bluetooth Unit and remote locking. It hosts safety features like ABS (Anti Lock Brake System) with ESC (Electronic Stability Control), EBD (Electronic Brake Distribution), Traction Control and Brake assist besides parking sensors and fog lamps.
4. Tata safari Storme takes to the road with a reduced weight of 75 kilograms. It measures 4655mm in length and 1965mm in width. It is 5mm longer, 47mm wider and 3mm lower than the older Safari.
5. It is comparatively priced lower in the SUV market and runs on diesel.