Popular Chinese iOS jailbreak code developer community TaiG has released the untethered jailbreak v8.1.3-8.3 software tool for Apple devices.
"Untether TaiG Jailbreak Tool for iOS 8.3 just released! Special thanks to @3KAssistant," said the developer community via Twitter.
This newly introduced tool can be used to jailbreak Apple devices via Windows PC. Another version for Mac OS is expected to be rolled out in coming days.
Taig added that Cydia Substrate (aka Mobile Substrate) is not yet compatible to iOS v8.3 and v8.2. It has asked fans to exercise some patience. Software developer Jay Freeman, who goes by the moniker Saurik, will release the patch soon.
[Disclaimer: This procedure is very technical and should be performed by a person with sound knowledge of rooting (or manual software installation) Android devices. If the step-by-step installation process is not followed properly, there are chances of the smartphone getting bricked or being permanently irreparable. International Business Times, India Edition cannot be held responsible for any damage or claims from readers if the procedure does not yield the required results or if the smartphone is bricked. Hence, users are advised to proceed with caution.]
Tutorial: How to Install TaiG iOS v8.1.3 –v8.3 jailbreak on Apple devices:
Step 1: Due to unique characteristics of jailbreak, please backup your data before jailbreak. If your Apple device needs to be upgraded to iOS 8.3 for jailbreak, you can use the Data-Backup Upgrade Mode of TaiG Pro [HERE]
Step 2: Download and install TaiG v2.0.0 software [HERE]
Step 3: Turn off both Passcode and Find My Phone options
- To switch-off Passcode go to Settings > Passcode > Enter your passcode > Turn Passcode Off > Enter your passcode.
- To switch-off Find My Phone go to Settings > iCloud > Find My iPhone > Click to turn off.
Step 4: Open TaiG Jailbreak Tool, and have your device connected to your computer.
Step 5: Click Start to jailbreak. Please keep your device well connected and wait patiently. TaiG recommends you to install and start 3K Assistant after jailbreak for Apps, games, plug-ins, wallpapers and ringtones with simply one click.
TaiG has advised readers that the installation of jailbreak code might fail multiple times , so exercise some patience by re-installing the software for few more times. If you still face the issue with the iOS jailbreak installation, check troubleshooting details, HERE.
List of devices eligible for v8.1.3-8.3 jailbreak include :
|Apple device category||iPhones||iPads||iPods|
|Device versions eligible for iOS 8.1.3-8.3 jailbreak||iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5S, iPhone 5C, iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus||iPad mini (1 Gen), iPad mini (2 Gen), iPad mini (3 Gen), iPad (2 Gen), iPad (2 Gen), iPad (4 Gen), iPad Air (1 Gen), iPad Air (2 Gen)||iPod Touch (5 Gen)|
Advantages of Jailbreaking:
- Users will get access to apps which are not found in iTunes
- He/She will be able to create easy (hidden) shortcuts from thr lock-screen
- People will be able get access to settings from notification centers
- Users can even be able to get Siri (digital voice-assistant) toggle Wi-Fi
- In select devices and regions, users can also activate Face-Time on 3G
Disadvantages of Jailbreaking:
- Once the device is jail-broken, company's warranty will stand void
- Another downside is that if users are not careful enough, they risk running in to malicious applications.