There has been a flux of low-cost tablets in India lately. Just a day after the launch of two Android-powered tablets by HCL Infosystems, the Indian mobile manufacturer Micromax on Tuesday unveiled its Funbook (tablet computer) that runs on Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS).
Funbook by Micromax also enables 3G connectivity via USB dongle. In addition, the maker of Funbook has also bundled TATA Photon EVDO datacard.
The brand new Micromax Funbook features a 7-inch capacitive display, has 512MB RAM and a 4GB of internal storage capacity that can be expandable up to 32GB, a 0.3 megapixel (VGA) front facing camera, 2,800 mAh battery and 1.2GHz processor. And the good news is that it is priced at Rs. 6,499, which is cheaper than the HCL ME U1.
The HCL ME U1 is also powered by Android ICS and has been priced at Rs. 7,999, while the HCL MyEdu Tab - K12 Version carries a price tag of Rs 11,499.
When comparing both the HCL ME U1 and the Funbook, one might not find any major difference except the price.
Almost all the key features of the Funbook are similar to the HCL ME U1. Take a look at the specs of both tablets:
Micromax Funbook specifications:
- 7-inch (480×800 pixels) Touch Display
- 1.2 GHz Processor with Dual Mali 400 2D/3D GPU
- 512MB RAM
- Internal Memory 4GB and Expandable up to 32 GB via Memory Card
- 0.3 Megapixel Camera
- Wireless Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g
- 3G USB Modem Support
- USB 2.0
- HDMI-Out Port
- Accelerator Sensor, Gravity Sensor
- Smooth HD VIdeo Playback (2160 Pixels)
- 2800 mAh Battery
- Up to 5 hours of Web browsing
- Operating System: Android 4.0 ISC
HCL U1 specifications:
- Operating System: Android 4.0 ICS
- 1GHz Processor
- 7″ Inches (800 X 480) Pixels Capacitive Display
- 3G Dongle Support
- 512MB RAM
- 4GB Internal Memory
- Preloaded ME Apps Store which has 10,000 Applications
- 0.3 Megapixel Camera Front Facing Camera
- Internal MIC Built in high quality speaker
- Ports: USB
- Wireless 802.11 b/g/n
- 3.5mm Stereo Jack
- Bluetooth v2.0
- Battery: 3600 mAh