If you are a user of the Samsung Galaxy S5 Active, having subscribed to AT&T's wireless network services in the US, there is some great news as the much expected Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow) operating system is being rolled out. The latest rollout adds the all-important enhanced Wi-Fi calling and Video calling on top of Android 6.0.1
As per an official announcement by AT&T, Samsung Galaxy S5 Active, bearing model number (G870A) users can check for new automatic over-the-air (OTA) notifications representing Android 6.0.1.
Therefore, AT&T-driven Samsung Galaxy S5 Active users should get to see the Android Marshmallow OS update in the form of a more than 900 MB-sized file.
How to download and install Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow within AT&T Samsung Galaxy S5 Active handsets:
- Ensure that the smartphone is sufficiently charged and connected to Wi-Fi.
- From the device home screen, pull down the notification shade and select Settings.
- Navigate to System category and tap About device.
- Select Software update > Check for updates.
- Follow on-screen instructions and begin download/installation ofAndroid 6.0.1 Marshmallow.
- Your Samsung Galaxy S5 Active automatically restarts once the new software is successfully installed.
Verification of Android 6.0.1 post installation:
- From the device home screen, pull down notifications and select Settings.
- Scroll to the System category and tap About device.
- If the build number matches new specifications, the device has the latest firmware:
- Android version: 6.0.1
- Android Security Patch Level (SPL): August 1, 2016
- Baseband Version: G870AUCU2DPH2
- Kernel Version: 3.18.20-8737252 dpi@SWDD5606 #1 SMP PREEMPT Mon Aug 8 13:14:36 KST 2016
- Build Number: MMB29M.G870AUCU2DPH2.