Arsenal players react during their English Premier League match against Stoke CityReuters

Ten-man Arsenal suffered a shock 2-3 defeat at the hands of Stoke City following a poor first half display at the Britannia Stadium on Saturday.

Peter Crouch put his side in the lead after only 19 seconds before strikes from Bojan and Jon Walters saw the scores read 3-0 in Stoke City's favour at the end of the first half.

The Gunners did make a fighting comeback through strikes from Santi Cazorla and Aaron Ramsey in the second half, but they eventually fell short and succumbed to their fourth Premier League defeat of the season.

The game started with the Potters making an excellent start as Crouch, after managing to capitalise on Gunners' failure to deal with Steven N'Zonzi's cross, slotted home from close range after only 19 seconds.

The Gunners got a chance to level things in the 10th minute through Olivier Giroud, but the Frenchman failed to get his header on target after collecting a pass from teenage right-back Hector Bellerin.

 At the other end, Stoke City nearly doubled their lead in the 20th minute but Arsenal goalkeeper Emiliano Martinez did brilliantly to save a diving header from Mame Biram Diouf.

Martinez's heroics however proved to be in vain as the Potters soon doubled their lead through Bojan in the 32nd minute.

Walters sent in a brilliant cross from the right wing and Bojan broke free of Gunners' defence before slotting the ball past Martinez.

Things went from bad to worse for Arsenal as Stoke City added a third towards the end of the first half through Walters, who managed to smash Crouch's deflected header into the roof of the net.

Arsenal seemed to be in much better shape after the break as they began pressurising the hosts' defence, creating a number of chances in the opening period of the second half.

Their efforts soon bore fruit as they were awarded a penalty in the 67th minute following Diouf's foul on Mathieu Flamini inside the box. Cazorla stepped up and calmly slotted the ball into the back of the net.

A couple of minutes later, the Gunners pulled back another goal back through Ramsey, who found the net with a brilliant effort following a corner from Alexis Sanchez.

Just when it looked like Arsenal were going to at least salvage a point from the game, Chambers was shown a second yellow card for fouling Bojan in the 78th minute.

Despite Gunners' best efforts to find a late equaliser, the game finally ended with Stoke walking away with the three points.

Stoke City vs Arsenal (3-2) Full Highlights 06... by rubin7190