A new LiquidSmooth Android 5.0.1 Lollipop custom ROM has been released to Samsung's 2012 flagship phablet Galaxy Note 2 SGH-T889 (T-Mobile) model.
The new LiquidSmooth custom ROM series is based on the AOSP (Android Open Source Project) v5.0.1 Lollipop and is said to bring customisation options to boost device performance, new visual interface, easy access to key apps and loads of personalisation options such as-
- Custom Liquid logo in setting options >> about phone
- Option to show kernel Toolchain and other information
- Navigation bar with height control option
- Partition size info
- Toast animation
- Call-blacklist option
- SMS rate limiting option
- Spam filter option
- Volume rocker wake-up option
- Custom Lockscreen shortcut
- Performance tweaks and many more improvements to enhance user-experience
Prerequisites (things to remember before installing Custom ROM)
- This new LiquidSmooth Android 5.0.1 Lollipop firmware has to be installed on Samsung Galaxy Note 2 SGH-T889 (T-Mobile) model only; if tried on other devices, it might get bricked [To check your device model: Go to Settings >> About phone >> model number]
- Make sure the device is rooted before going forward for custom ROM installation.
- Installation of custom ROM requires clearing of memory in the smartphone, so make sure to back all the data by installing Clockwork Mod (CWM) Recovery/ TWRP in the smartphone.
- Make sure to install USB drivers on the PC, or else your smartphone (Samsung Galaxy Note 2 SGH-T889) will not be recognized by the computer.
- Make sure your device has more than 80% battery, or else there is chance of smartphone getting temporarily bricked if the installation process is interrupted in the mid-way.
- Though installing custom ROM improves the device's performance and UI experiences, it makes the company warranty void and they will no longer be liable to provide updates in future [users can restore warranty by flashing the device with stock-ROM].
[Disclaimer:This procedure is very technical and should be performed by a person with sound knowledge of rooting (or manual software installation) Android devices. If the step-by-step installation process is not followed properly, there are chances of the smartphone getting bricked or being permanently irreparable. International Business Times, India Edition cannot be held responsible for any damage or claims from readers if the procedure does not yield the required results or if the smartphone is bricked. Hence, users are advised to proceed with caution.]
Tutorial: Step-by-step Installation Guide of LiquidSmooth Android v5.0.1 Lollipop Custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy Note 2 SGH-T889-
Step 2: Connect Samsung Galaxy Note 2 to PC via USB cord.
[Note: Before plugging the phone to the computer, be sure that you have installed USB driver software, if not, click HERE to download the firmware]
Step 3: Then, place Liquid Android v5.0.1 Lollipop Custom ROM zip file and Google Apps .zip file into the phone's SD card memory. [Note: Users are advised to paste the .zip file in SD card root, not in any other folder.]
[Note: Before users' begin installing the custom software, be sure that the device must have rooted and has installed ClockworkMod Recovery/TWRP tool.]
Step 4: Now, turn off the device and disconnect from the PC.
Step 5: Then perform the regular Recovery Mode sortie by press holding 'Volume (up)', 'Home' and 'Power' buttons.
Step 6: After entering the RECOVERY mode, clear the phone memory, by choosing 'wipe data/factory reset'
[Note: use 'Volume' keys to navigate and 'Power' button to select options, while operating under Recovery Mode]
Step 7: Now, clear the cache memory by selecting 'wipe cache partition'
Step 8: Then to go back to ClockworkMod recovery, and select 'advanced' and tap 'wipe dalvik cache' [Note: This step is optional, but many recommend this procedure so that user will not face boot loops or any other errors in the middle of custom ROM installation]
Step 9: Come back to main recovery screen and then tap 'install zip from SD card'
Step 10: Then tap 'choose zip from sdcard' and go to Android 5.0.1 ROM .zip file in SD card and enter the installation process. Repeat the same procedure again to install the Google Apps. [Note: use 'Volume' keys to navigate and 'Power' button to select options]
Step 11: Once done with the installation process, navigate to '+++++Go Back+++++' and re-start the device by opting 'reboot system now' seen in the recovery menu.
Now, your device (Samsung Galaxy Note 2 SGH-T889) will take a few minutes to complete the booting process.
Head to Settings >> select About phone to confirm the installation of LiquidSmooth Android v5.0.1 Lollipop custom ROM.
[Credits: Team Android]