Prolific mobile software developing team Cyanide-L has released a new Android 5.0.2 Lollipop custom ROM to Samsung's 2012 flagship smartphone, Galaxy S3 T999 (T-Mobile) model.
According to Team Android, the new Cyanide-L custom ROM brings in customisation options to boost device performance, new visual interface, shortcut for easy access to key apps and tons of personalisation options.
Prerequisites (things to remember before installing Custom ROM):
- This new Cyanide-L custom firmware has to be installed on the Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-T999 (T-Mobile) model only; if tried on other devices, it might get bricked [To check your device model: Go to Settings >> About phone >> model number]
- Users make sure you have installed USB drivers on the PC, or else your smartphone (Samsung Galaxy S3 T999) will not be recognized by the computer.
- Make sure the device is rooted before going forward for custom ROM installation
- Installation of custom ROM requires clearing of memory in the smartphone, so make sure to keep a backup of all the data by installing Clockwork Mod (CWM) Recovery/ TWRP in the smartphone.
- Make sure your device has more than 80 percent battery, otherwise the smartphone may get temporarily bricked if the installation process is interrupted in the mid-way.
- Although installing custom ROM might improve the device's performance and UI experiences, it makes the company warranty void and they will no longer be liable to provide updates in future [users can restore warranty by flashing the device with stock-ROM].
[Disclaimer: This procedure is very technical and should be performed by a person with sound knowledge of rooting (or manual software installation) Android devices. If the step-by-step installation process is not followed properly, there are chances of the smartphone getting bricked or being permanently irreparable. International Business Times, India Edition cannot be held responsible for any damage or claims from readers if the procedure does not yield the required results or if the smartphone is bricked. Hence, users are advised to proceed with caution.]
Step-by-step installation guide of Cyanide-L Android 5.0.2 Lollipop custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-T999 (T-Mobile) model:
Step 2: Connect Samsung Galaxy S3 T999 to PC via USB cord.
[Note: Before plugging the phone to the computer, be sure to install USB driver software, if not, click HERE to download the firmware]
Step 3: Then, place custom Android 5.0.2 Lollipop KitKat zip file into the phone's SD card memory. [Note: Users are advised to paste the .zip file in SD card root, not in any other folder.]
[Note: Before installing the custom software, be sure that the device must have been rooted and has installed ClockworkMod Recovery tool.]
Step 4: Now, turn off the device and disconnect from the PC.
Step 5: Then perform the regular Recovery Mode sortie by press holding "Volume (up)", "Home" and "Power" buttons.
Step 6: After entering the RECOVERY mode, clear the phone memory, by choosing "wipe data/factory reset" option.
[Note: use "Volume" keys to navigate and 'Power' button to select options, while operating under Recovery Mode]
Step 7: Now, clear the cache memory by selecting"wipe cache partition"
Step 8: Then to go back to ClockworkMod recovery, and select "advanced" and tap "wipe dalvik cache" [Note: This step is optional, but many recommend this procedure so that user will not face boot loops or any other errors in the middle of custom ROM installation]
Step 9: Again, come back to main recovery screen and then tap "install zip from SD card"
Step 10: Then, tap "choose zip from sdcard" and go to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop ROM .zip file in SD card and enter the installation process. [Note: use "Volume" keys to navigate and "Power" button to select options]
Step 11: Once done with the installation process, navigate to "+++++Go Back+++++" and re-start the device by opting for "reboot system now"m seen in the recovery menu.
Now, your device (Samsung Galaxy S3 T999) will take a few minutes to complete the booting process.
Users then need to head to Settings >> select "About phone" to confirm the installation of Cyanide-L Android 5.0.2 Lollipop custom ROM.
[Credits: Team Android]