Bollywood actress Sonakshi Sinha, who made her debut in Bollywood opposite Salman Khan in "Dabangg" turns 28 on Tuesday, 2 June.
The actress was born in 1987 to actors Shatrughan Sinha and Poonam Sinha, and has twin brothers, Luv Sinha and Kush Sinha.
Sonakshi, who was last seen in "Tevar" opposite Arjun Kapoor is busy with the shooting of her next film, "Akira", directed by AR Murugadoss.
The actress will also be singing in the 16th edition of the upcoming International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) Awards in June.
Check out some interesting and lesser known facts about Sonakshi:
- Sonakshi is a fashion designing graduate from Shreemati Nathibai Damodar Thackersey Women's University in Mumbai.
- Sonakshi began her career as a costume designer for the film, "Mera Dil Leke Dekho", in 2005.
- Even before making her debut as an actress, Sonakshi was as a model, who walked on the ramp for Lakme Fashion Week in 2008 and 2009.
- For her debut role as a villager, Sonakshi reduced almost 30kg.
- The actress reportedly donated her first film's remuneration to Salman's NGO "Being Human".
- 2014 was a special year for the actress, as she had four releases, including "Lootera", "Once Upon A Time In Mumbai Dobaara", "Bullett Raja" and "R... Rajkumar". She was also seen in cameo roles in "Himmatwala" and "Boss" the same year.