New Delhi/ Kochi, Dec 16 (ANI): India's apex court on Tuesday (December 16) denied bail applications of two Italian marines accused of killing Indian fishermen in 2012. According to media reports, Massimiliano Latorre has been in Italy since September for medical treatment. He has sought extension of his stay as he has to undergo heart surgery. Salvatore Girone had asked to be allowed to go back to his family for Christmas. Intervener in the case, Subhash Chandran, said the court had decided against granting bail since proceedings in the case had been hanging for too long due to the marines' absence. Earlier in September, the Court had allowed Latorre to go back to Italy after suffering a brain stroke. Chandran said that Latorre's bail was going to expire in January 2015. Latorre and Girone have been charged with murder but deny killing anyone or aiming directly at the boat of Indian fishermen.