President-elect Donald Trump may be considering former Governor of Alaska Sarah Palin for the Cabinet position Veteran Affairs secretary. Palin also expressed her interest in the job when she released a statement on her social media praising Trump.
"We should be grateful we'll soon have a commander-in-chief who will champion our vets and honour the promises our nation made; a pro-private sector individual who surely understands bigger government is NOT the answer; a President who promised to drain the swamp and clean up all government corruption...all things our vets and active duty troops deserve," she said on Facebook.
"Governor Palin has relayed to the Trump transition team her offer to continue helping the next President either in the public or private sector," a Palin adviser said, according to NBC News.
But Palin, like Trump, is known for her controversial statements. Here are some quotes that from border on humorous and sometimes offensive from Palin:
1. "Look back there in the press box! Heads are spinning, media heads are spinning..."
2. "Are you ready to make America great again? We all have a part in this. We all have a responsibility. Looking around at all of you, you hard-working Iowa families. You farm families, and teachers, and teamsters, and cops, and cooks. You rocking rollers. And holy rollers! All of you who work so hard. You full-time moms. You with the hands that rock the cradle."
3. "Because a weak-kneed capitulator in chief has decided that America will lead from behind. And he who would negotiate deals, with the skills of a community organizer, maybe organizing a neighborhood tea -- yeah, well -- he deciding that America would apologize and as part of the deal, as the enemy sends a message to the rest of the world that they capture and we kowtow, and we apologize and then we bend over and say, 'Thank you, enemy.'"
4. "No more pussyfooting around! Our troops deserve the best! You deserve the best! He is from the private sector, not a politician. Can I get a hallelujah? Where in the private sector you actually have to balance budgets in order to prioritize, to keep the main thing, the main thing -- and he knows the main thing of a president is to keep us safe economically and militarily. He knows the main thing and he knows now to lead the charge."
5. "Pro-life, pro-Second Amendment, strict constitutionality. Those things that are unifying values from big cities to tiny towns, from big mountain states and the Big Apple, to the big, beautiful heartland that's in between."
6. "Trump's candidacy has exposed, not just that tragic -- that ramifications of the betrayal of a transformation of our country, but, two, he has exposed the complicity on both sides of the aisle that has enabled it, OK?"
7. "How about the rest of us? Right-wingin', bitter-clingin', proud clingers of our guns, our God, and our religions and our Constitution. Tell us that we're not red enough? Yeah, coming from the establishment."
8. "So no, we're not going to chill. In fact, it's time to drill, baby, drill down and hold these folks accountable."
9. "The status quo has got to go, otherwise we're just going to get more of the same. And with their failed agenda, it can't be salvaged. It must be savaged. And Donald Trump is the right one to do that."