Akshay Kumar-starrer "Rustom" has been witnessing brilliant box office collection, both at the domestic market as well as worldwide. The film's gross India collection has already crossed Rs. 100 crore even before completing its first week.
"Rustom" has now completed its first week and it seems to be unstoppable at the box office. Akshay's film has made a collection of around Rs. 7 crore on its 7th day, that is Thursday, as well, taking its nett earning close to the 100 crore mark at Indian box office.
"Rustom" made a business of Rs. 82.28 crore nett at domestic market till its 6th day. The Tinu Suresh Desai directorial has been performing brilliantly at the overseas market as well. Although "Rustom" clashed with Hrithik Roshan's big budget movie "Mohenjo Daro," the former came up as a clear winner at the box office.
Several trade experts had earlier suggested that "Mohenjo Daro" would beat "Rustom" in the race for cash, but Akshay's film has emerged as a blockbuster. With Akshay's latest release shining at the worldwide box office, here are top 10 reasons that seem to have worked in the film's favour.
1) Positive response for trailer: The trailer of "Rustom" had received overwhelming response from the viewers. The makers of the film were successful in offering a trailer that was engaging, fast and did not reveal too much about the movie. "Rustom" had won half of the battle with its trailer itself.
2) Akshay's previous two films this year: Akshay started 2016 with "Airlift" that received positive response from both critics as well as the audience. Then came "Housefull 3" which also turned out to be a box office winner. The actor has been giving back to back hits and viewers are now confident about Akshay's movie choices.
3) Superb word of mouth: "Rustom" enjoyed positive word of mouth from all quarters. Although there were mixed reviews from the critics, the power of public opinion helped the movie keep up the pace at the box office.
4) Portrayal of patriotic characters: Akshay's two recent movies "Baby" and "Airlift" showed a patriotic side of the actor onscreen and "Rustom" too is about a patriotic naval officer. Akshay had impressed his fans by playing such characters and they were more eager to see him in "Rustom."
5) Hit songs: Songs always play an important role in Bollywood movies and almost all the tracks of "Rustom" became chartbusters. The film included some beautiful music and compositions that added to the film's craze.
6) Rigorous promotions: Akshay and other cast members of the film spent lots of time and made serious efforts in the promotions of "Rustom," both outdoor as well as on social media. It certainly made the film popular among the masses.
7) Fresh pairing: This is the first time that Akshay and Ileana D'Cruz were seen romancing each other. Their chemistry in the songs got good appreciation.
8) Poor response to "Mohenjo Daro": Hrithik's film received negative response from critics and was slammed by viewers on social media as well. Thus, "Rustom" became the only choice for majority of the masses.
9) Unknown story: "Rustom" tells the story of KM Nanavati murder case, on which there has not been any movie. Although it is a real-life incident, the story involves love, betrayal, murder and mystery which are the essential ingredients to make a successful movie.
10) Critics' Reviews: Although "Rustom" had received mixed reviews, Akshay's film impressed the critics more as compared to "Mohenjo Daro."