Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson, one of the greatest athletes to feature in the WWE and now, a well-known Hollywood personality and a social media star, turned 45 on Tuesday, May 2. As the notion is, the older we get, the more our immune system slows down.
Not any chance of that for the Rock!
Was puttin' on my shoes to get ready to hit the gym before I go to work. This lil' mama surprised me by runnin' into my arms and yelling "Daaaahdeeeeee" which in my mind clearly means, "Happy birthday daddy! You're the coolest daddy on the planet and the sexiest man alive, now go crush your workout and keep stayin' woke". ??? #BirthdayLuv #DaddyDaughterBond #SheHasMorningHair #IHaveNoHair #HowWeRoll
At 45, Dwayne Johnson is absolutely defying myths and human standards by doing anything and everything possible legally to stay in the best of shape. And that means the hardest of workouts and the greatest of meals.
According to the ESPN-owned economics and analytical politics and sports blog FiveThirtyEight, the Rock's daily intake amounts to 5,000 calories per day, with the majority of fuel coming from animal protein, especially cod.
Just to cite a jaw-dropping stat, as per the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) food composition database, an average American in their 40s, consume just about 2,520 calories per day. More reason as to why no one but Dwayne Johnson was the perfect candidate to play the roles of Hercules!
The Rock's 5,000 calorie diet: Breaking up
- Carbs: 45%
- Protein: 36%
- Fat: 19%
The Rock's diet plan (as per USDA nutrition database)
According to Muscle&Fitness, Dwayne Johnson has six-seven meals a day.
- 5 oz. grilled steak, 1/2 avocado, 2 and 1/4 cups white rice, 3 cups scrambled egg whites (1,254 calories)
- 4 waffles with 1/8 cup maple syrup, 8 slices of turkey bacon, 2 cups non-fat Greek yogurt, and a Starbucks grande vanilla latte (1,276 calories)
- 12 oz. broiled cod, 2 and 1/2 cups oatmeal, 2 poached eggs (1,247calories)
- 1 cup tuna with 1 tablespoon mayonnaise on 2 slices whole grain bread, 1 large apple (570 calories)
- 1 McDonald's Artisan Grilled Chicken Sandwich, 1 Cookies and Cream Quest bar (570 calories)
- 6 oz. steamed cod, 1 and 1/4 large baked sweet potatoes, 2 cups steamed chopped broccoli, 1 tablespoon butter (591 calories)
- 5 oz. grilled chicken, 1/2 avocado, 2 cups quinoa (655 calories)
- 7 oz. broiled cod, 1 and 3/4 cups quinoa, 1/2 tablespoon tahini (630 calories)
- 8 slices turkey, 3 slices whole grain bread, 1/2 avocado, 1 medium apple (656 calories)
- 7 oz. grilled chicken breast, 1 large baked potato, 1 zucchini sliced and sautéed in 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil (674 calories)
- 4 oz. steak, 1 and 1/2 cups scrambled egg whites, 1 large baked potato (644 calories)
- 2 cups egg whites scrambled with 2 cup diced portabella, 1/2 cup chopped onion, and 3/4 tablespoon butter, plus 1 cup oatmeal (646 calories)
- 3 oz. grilled beef patty with 1 slice cheddar cheese and 1 fried egg on a hamburger bun, 1 and 1/2 large baked sweet potatoes, 1 cup lowfat milk with 1 and 1/4 scoops of chocolate protein powder (916 calories)
- 10 oz. broiled cod and 3 cups steamed chopped broccoli drizzled with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, 1 and 1/4 cups white rice, and 1 and 1/2 cups whole milk (1,089 calories)
- 8 oz. grilled chicken breast, 1 and 3/4 cups white rice, 4 cups steamed cauliflower, 1 tablespoon butter (981 calories)
- 3 oz. grilled steak, 2 and 1/4 cups quinoa, 1 scoop protein powder in 1/2 cup lowfat milk (830 calories)
- 8 oz. broiled cod, 1 and 1/2 cups oatmeal with 1 tablespoon peanut butter, 2 cups steamed chopped kale with lemon juice (859 calories)
- 7 oz. grilled chicken, 1 large baked sweet potato, 4 cups chopped broccoli and 30 spears asparagus sautéed in 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil (839 calories)