New details of the upcoming video game Rise of the Tomb Raider will let players taste adventures of Jonah, who will be returning from the first game.
GameInformer has revealed it will be bringing out an issue in March 2015 that will include the information on Rise of the Tomb Raider game from Crystal Dynamics.
Rise of the Tomb Raider will be an Xbox One and Xbox 360 timed exclusive. Players will be braving the cold and wild environment in Siberia as they hunt for "lost secrets of immortality.".
The developer has also not ruled out the release of this game for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3, some time in future.
NeoGAF user Alxjn has posted some details on the game that revealed many things including who the antagonists were (via Gamepur):
- At least two different locations across the globe.
- Jonah is back from the first game
- Environment itself as the main antagonist.
- Cloth and herb to heal wounds.
- More than one of each weapon type.
- Variety of bows with different attributes.
- Weather system that animals and human enemies react to.
- Not sure if they confirmed a day night cycle or not, they mentioned "animals reacting to" time of day.
- Hub areas are two to three times bigger than previous game.
- Lara can climb trees, hide in bushes, swim.
- Pushing for pre planning aspect to engaging in combat, though sneaking past everyone isnt the goal.
- Tools for distracting enemies and luring them where you want them.
- You can lose the enemies after engaging them.
- Game informer says combat reminds them of the Last of Us.
- Crystal Dynamics talks about doing more with tombs and puzzles this time around.
Another industry insider, Shinobi602 whose posts are known to be valid, has revealed that:
Rise of the Tomb Raider: "Lara can now collect clothes, herbs, minerals, hides, as well as relics. Clothes + herbs are used to treat wounds."
"Grappling hooks can be crafted with rope and her climbing axe. Lara can now scale trees, hide in small bushes, and swim underwater."
The game is a reboot of the Lara Croft series and this game will be narrating the story from where the first game ends.