Muslims around the world are set to observe the holy month of Ramadan starting 18 June, depending on the sighting of the moon.
Ramadan, also often referred to as Ramzan, is the holiest month of the year for Muslims.
Fasting and praying during Ramadan is one of the Five Pillars of Islam and Muslims observe a strict fast from dawn to dusk every day of the month, wherein they do not even take a sip of water.
All adult, healthy Muslims observe fasting during the month, while women who are pregnant or menstruating, the elderly, and children who have not hit puberty, are exempt.
As the community prepares to observe Ramadan, here are some inspiring quotes that signify the meaning and importance of the ninth month in the Islamic lunar calendar.
Many of the quotes and sayings revolve around the Quran, as Ramadan is observed to commemorate the time when the Quran was revealed to Prophet Mohammed on the night of 'Laylat Al Qadr'.
Quotes and Sayings for Ramadan 2015
- The month of Ramadan (is that) in which was revealed the Quran, a guidance for the people and the clear proof for guidance and criterion. So whoever sights (the new moon of) the month, let him fast it; and whoever is ill or on a journey - then an equal number of other days. Allah intends for you ease and doesn't intend for you hardship and wants for you to complete the period and to glorify Allah for that (to) which He has guided you: and perhaps you will be grateful.
- It was the Ramadan month, when Quran was sent down to earth as a gift to the entire mankind, giving us guidance to live our life and know the difference between right and wrong.
- Ramadhan is here, Here is Ramadhan.
Ramadhan is coming, The time that is blessed.
Ramadhan is coming, The time we love best.
The month in which the Qur'an was sent;
A time of great blessing in which to repent.
Fasting for Allah is a great Muslim deed;
Controlling desires and Suppressing greed.
- The Qur'an reveals that Ramadan serves as guidance to mankind.
To glorify Allah in the midst of everything.
Giving thanksgiving to him who blesses your way.
- The key to success is reflected in the Qur'an.
May we find blessing and guidance as we recite it altogether in the Ramadan days.
- Qur'an unfolds many secrets and blessings to success.
May Allah bless everyone who finds meaning and truth
In the words of the holy Qur'an.
- Ramadan is, in its essence, a month of humanist spirituality.
- The month of Ramadan is the best possible expression of anti-consumerism: to be and not to have, to free ourselves of the dependencies that our consumption-based societies not only stimulate but magnify.
- Ramadan month is the month to feel hunger, hunger the poor people face every day and share the sorrow of sick people, to review our lives and get closer to Allah.
- Ramadan is the month to fast, pray, read Quran and do charity and in return receive rich rewards from Allah.