India celebrates Ram Navami on 28 March, this year, by offering prayers to Lord Rama.
The auspicious occasion commemorates the birth of Lord Rama, the seventh incarnation of Lord Vishnu, who was born to King Dasharatha and Queen Kaushalya of Ayodhya.
The festival is celebrated on the ninth day of Hindu lunar calendar's Chaitra month (March-April). Besides the birth of Lord Rama, Lord Rama and Sita were also married on the day.
Several devotees visit sacred places like Ayodhya, the birthplace of Rama and Rameshwaram among others, to seek blessings from the Lord. They repeatedly chant Rama's name, which is known as the "Taraka Mantra".
How Ram Navami is Celebrated?
Many devotees fast on the auspicious occasion. Lord Rama figurines are richly adorned and special prayers are offered to the Lord. "Ramayana", the Hindu epic which involves the life of Lord Rama, is read in temples.
Bhajans, songs and dances are performed in honour of the Lord. People wear new clothes and prepare special dishes.
In South India, since the auspicious day is also considered as the marriage day of Rama and Sita, temple priests perform a wedding ceremony called "Kalyanotsavam".
On this day, devotees clean their houses and decorate it with colours. They also adorn the entrance doors with mango leaves, which signify prosperity.
Devotees perform special prayers to the Lord and make dishes like Panakam (Jaggery mixed with water) and Kosambri (soaked lentles).
Below are few wishes that you can send to your friends and family on this auspicious festival.
- Lord, YOU are my defender!
When I lie down, I go to sleep in peace,
you alone, O Lord, keep me perfectly safe.
- May Lord Rama bless you with Success, Happiness and Peace on the auspicious occasion of Ram Navami.
Happy Ram Navami
- Here is the Hoping that your
Life be brighten with the Divine
blessing of Lord Ram
Happy Ram Navami
- Let us pray sacred mantras, in the praise of eternal savior: "Om Sri Ram Jai Ram Jai Jai Ram". Wish you be accompanied with auspiciousness and blessings of Ram Navami.
- Lord Ram is the source of divine knowledge. Seek his blessings of peace and spiritual enlightenment. May you be blessed and bestowed with all kinds of success. Remember Ram with true heart. Happy Ram Navami!
- Ram jinka naam hai, Ayodhya jinka dhaam hai,
Aise raghunandan ko, hamara pranam hai
Aapko aur apke parivaar ko Ram Navami ki haardik shubhkaamnaye.
- Ram Ji ki jyoti se noor milta hai, sabke dilo ko shurur milta hai,
jo bhi jata hai Ram Ji ke dwar , kuch na kuch jarur milta hai.
Aapke liye bhi ye Ramnavami dher sari khushiyan lejkar aaye!
'Happy Ram Navami'
- Bhaji man raam siyapati raghukul ish
Deen bandhu dukh taran kausaladish
Ram kisi bhanti bhaji, Ravan ki riti taji
Happy Ramnavami !