Not long ago, Nintendo and Game Freak brought in Mega Stones to the Pokemon series, starting with X and Y for the Nintendo 3DS. Taking heart from the Mega Stones' popularity in the game, these precious collectibles were introduced to Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.
In case you weren't aware, these Mega Stones grant a handful of Pokemon stronger and better abilities than the rest, and once you have a Mega Stone, you can Mega Evolve one Pokemon per match.
To know that you have come across a Mega Stone, look for sparkles on the ground. But sometimes, coming across a Mega Stone in the game isn't as easy as you might think. Hence, this guide will locate all the Mega Stones in the game for you.
Note: The List will identify each Mega Stone, followed by its location and reference to find the collectible.
Mega Stones: At the Start
- Absolite – Safari Zone – Look for it in the area
- Aggronite – Rusturf Tunnel – Receive it after breaking rocks with Rock Smash
- Alakazite – Slateport City – Find it in the market
- Altarianite – Lilycove City – Find it by bringing an Altaria to Lisia's fan
- Banettite – Mt. Pyre – Find it at the summit
- Beedrillite – Sea Mauville – Find it in Storage
- Blazikenite – Route 120 or Route 114 – Steven gives it to you on Route 120 if you have Torchic. If not, buy it on Route 114 after taking down the Super Ancient Pokemon
- Garchompite – Fortree City – Aarune will present it to you once your team achieves Platinum Rank at the Secret Base Guild
- Glalitite – Shoal Cave – Find it in the ice cavern
- Gyaradosite – Route 123 – Find it by scratching Poochyena in 123 Go Fish
- Heracronite – Route 127 – Find it on an island
- Latiasite – Southern Island – Get it via story events
- Latiosite – Southern Island – Get it via story events
- Lucarionite – Any Contest Hall – Find it by defeating Lisia in a Master Rank event
- Manectite – Route 110 – Find it located near Cycling Road
- Mawilite – Verdanturf Town – Find it on the ground
- Medichamite – Mt. Pyre – Find it in the area (it's there, but we don't know where)
- Pidgeotite – Verdanturf Town – Locate Shroomish for the girl in Verdanturf Town. From there, show the stone she gives you to Mr. Stone in Rustboro City.
- Pinsirite – Route 124 – Find it on the ground
- Sablenite – Sootopolis City – Find it near a bridge by Cave of Origin
- Sceptilite – Route 120 and Route 114 – Steven hands it over on Route 120 if you have Treecko. Otherwise, take out the super ancient Pokemon and buy it from the seller on Route 114.
- Slowbronite – Shoal Cave – You will receive the Shell Bell from the old man
- Steelixite – Granite Cave – Look for it on the lower levels
- Swampertite – Route 120 and Route 114 – Steven gives it to you on Route 120 if you have Mudkip. If not, buy it on Route 114 after taking down the Super Ancient Pokemon
Mega Stones: After Taking down Super-Ancient Pokemon
- Abomasite – Route 123 – Find it in the Berry fields
- Aerodactylite – Meteor Falls – Find it on the ground
- Ampharosite – New Mauville – Find it on the ground
- Charizardite X – Fiery Path – Find it on the ground
- Charizardite Y – Scorched Slab – Find it on the ground
- Gardevoirite – Verdanturf Town – Find it by speaking to Wanda
- Houndoominite – Lavaridge Town – Find it on the ground
- Kangaskhanite – Pacifidlog Town – Find it on the ground
- Lopunnite – Mauville City – Head over to Mauville Hills and talk to the businessman
- Mewtwonite X – Littleroot Town – Find it on the ground
- Mewtwonite Y – Pokemon League – Find it on the ground
- Scizorite – Petalburg Woods – Find it on the ground
- Tyranitarite – Jagged Pass – Find it on the ground
- Venusaurite – Route 119 – Find it on the ground
- Red Orb – Sootopolis City – Get it via story events
- Blue Orb – Sootopolis City – Get it via story events
- Mega Stones – During or After Delta Episode
- Audinite – Battle Resort – Find it by speaking with Looker while at the Battle Resort
- Blastoisinite – S.S. Tidal – Find it on the ground
- Cameruptite – Team Magma's Hideout of the Battle Resort – You'll receive it during the Delta Episode, or a Team Magma Grunt will give it to you at the Battle Resort.
- Galladite – Fallarbor Town – Find it by speaking with Professor Cozmo at his laboratory
- Gengarite – Battle Resort – Find it on the ground
- Latiasite – Littleroot Town – Find it by speaking to your mom while at your house
- Latiosite – Littleroot Town – Find it by speaking to your mom while at your house
- Metagrossite – Pokemon League – Find it by beating Steven again
- Salamencite – Meteor Falls – Find it by chatting with the old women
- Sharpedonite – At the Battle Resort or Team Aqua's Hideout – A Team Aqua Grunt will give it to you at the Battle Resort, or you'll receive it during a Delta Episode.
Mega Stones: Find Other Ways
- Diancite – N/A – Distribute Diancie through previous special events in your party, then visit a Pokemon Center
Stay tuned for more updates!
[Source: Prima Games]