"Pokemon Go," the AR mobile game from Niantic, has been slowly increasing its footprints in newer countries with its release in Japan this morning.
The game triggered frenzy around the world as it allowed players to hunt virtual Pokemon in real world. Players are also able to catch, hatch and transfer Pokemon.
More details of the game have emerged, thanks to information unearthed via data mining of the source code. The data was decoded via a fan website, Pokemon Fortress.
The below information is only a pointer of what the game could have and is not a confirmation of anything that we could see in the future.
Here are the full details unearthed during the data mining:
- The Trainer Level Cap is 40.
- Egg's cap at Level 20, so if you get an Egg at Level 37 it'll still hatch at the same quality as if you were level 20.
- Wild Pokemon cap at Level 30, meaning after Level 30 everyone will find the same max CP Pokemon and it'll be a matter of spending the candy and stardust to upgrade them to your level's cap based on their CP arc.
- There is an achievement/badge rank above gold.
- Curveballs and Accurate Throws (Nice, Great, Etc) have been confirmed as helping with the capture chance of a PokeBall throw.
- There may be future Incubators that reduce the amount of kilo meters needed before they hatch. (There is an incubator called "distance" in the code)
- Moves have Accuracy and a Critical Hit Rate.
- Each unique Pokemon has its own Capture and Flee rate.
- Move Damage may go up with Trainer Level.
- Pokemon do become harder to catch as you level up.
- Mewtwo, Moltres, Zapdos, Articuno are Legendary.
- Mew is Mythic.
- Farfetch'd is out there... somewhere. As is Ditto.
- The Charge Meter is filled 0.5 for each 1 HP of damage dealt. This means a super effective move that does more damage will charge the special attack faster - that is actually really important to know.
- To level from 39 to 40 takes FIVE MILLION EXPERIENCE, and going from 1 to 40 takes Twenty Million. On my best day I can get about one hundred thousand exp, maybe 125K. So that's like 3-4 months to go from 39 to 40. Won't be seeing that any time soon!
- Pokemon have a base Attack, Defence and Stamina (HP) - thus they do not have a Attack and Special Attack stat like in the 3DS games.
- Dragonite has the strongest base attack for non-legends, at 250.
- MewTwo has a base attack of 284.
- Moltres has the highest base attack of the three legendary birds.
- Articuno has the highest base defence of the three.
- Zapdos is almost as high as Moltres in base attack but is likely lower due to Type Advantage.
- Pokemon have an evolution modifier AND a HP modifier when they evolve both CP and HP go up a set multiplier.
- Defending Pokemon at a Gym attack every 1.5 seconds.
- The Master Ball is in the game, no clue where it is found.
- The Legendary Pokemon do have a spawn rate - BUT - they have no capture rate, could this mean they require a Master Ball?
- STAB is present in the game, giving a 25 percent Bonus to an attack move. STAB stands for "Same Type Attack Bonus" and means if a Grass Pokemon uses a Grass move it will hit harder than if a Ground Pokemon used the same Grass move. This is a big deal confirmation.