PopCap Games has announced that its latest tower defense game, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, will be released in February for Xbox consoles.
The game will feature an excess of ten maps and also include three modes:
- Gardens and Graveyards - This is an objective-based capture mode where zombies keep on attacking and plants have to defend the base.
- Team Vanquish - This is a 12-vs.-12 competitive multiplayer mode featuring a deathmatch where victory belongs to the first team that makes 50 kills.
- Garden Ops - This is a four-player online co-op mode where plants defend the base against the endless waves of zombies.
The game has four playable classes on both sides. The playable classes among zombies are:
- Foot Soldier - Zombies known to wield guns and run along
- Scientist - Zombies that can heal
- Engineer - Zombies that have drone support
- Football Player - Zombies dressed as All-Star football player
The playable classes among plants are:
- Pea Shooter
- Sunflower which has healing properties
- Chomper which destroy a zombie in a single bite
- Cactus that can deploy drones
The game has other features like split-screen mode for Xbox One and players can customise their characters to high degree by getting hats and new weapons to attack.
The game will also have an exclusive Boss mode that will allow players to gain control of the characters of Dr Zomboss or Crazy Dave, allowing them to make use of SmartGlass or Kinect to give players a top-down view of the battlefield.
"Gamers across the world have fallen in love with the Plants vs. Zombies characters and now they'll get to see them in an entirely new light," said Brian Lindley, producer in a statement, CVG reported.
"Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare give the series' fans and shooter players a fun, new experience that they'll both enjoy as they blast, chomp and laugh their way through co-op and head-to-head online action."
Garden Warfare is a multiplayer action shooter that was announced at E3 2013. The game will launch on 18 February for Xbox One and Xbox 360. The game will cost $40 on Xbox One and $30 on Xbox 360. A PC version of Garden Warfare is expected to roll out sometime in the near future.
(YouTube Courtesy: PlantsVsZombies)