A new patch, 1.03, has been rolled out for Pillars of Eternity, the newest game from developers Obsidian Entertainment.
This role-playing video game that has received critical acclaim following its release has games like Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale series and Planescape: Torment as its spiritual predecessors. It has a party based with a real time tactical gameplay.
The game's story takes place in the world of Eora in the Eastern Reach. The players will be entering as foreigners, arriving at Dyrwood with the promises of land and settlement. After being attacked by rivals, the player has to escape and reaches a ruined place where he hides; but is also witness to supernatural event that puts the player into the main conflict. The player later goes on a journey to know the reason for the awakening, so that he can repair it.
The new patch, 1.03, will enable players to equip items safely by means of double clicking.
Presently, the patch is already available on Steam and it might slowly roll out for Origin and GOG. The patch will also be adding icons, new graphics settings, fixes numerous issues and fixes UI related issues.
Pillars of Eternity released on 26 March, 2015 for PC, Mac and Linux.
Below are the Patch Notes (Obsidian Forums):
"Big Ticket" Items
- Bears and Cats can now be equipped with hats. This is most likely not a joke... but might be a joke.
- Double-clicking to equip items was causing passive abilities to get removed from the character. This has been fixed and we were able to retroactively fix the problem for people that have already run into the issue. If you open your saved game in the latest patch, your characters will be repaired.
- Fixed a problem where attributes on characters could permanently increase by equipping certain items. This will also retroactively fix the problem in saved games that have characters with this issue.
- The crash in Raedric's Hold has been fixed.
- Fixed the looping audio sounds that can occur if you play with minimized tooltips.
- Previously Wizard summoned items could persist after the spell's duration. This has been fixed and it will also retroactively fix the problem in saved games that have characters with this issue.
- The items Drinking Horn of Moderation and Talisman of the Unconquerable were causing Ciphers to permanently lower their amount of focus gain. We've included a fix to retroactively resolve the issue on Ciphers but the effect is still on the items. Unfortunately the fix will not fix the broken effect on those items, so you'll need to keep those items unequipped until the next patch. If you do equip them, perform a Save/Load to fix your Cipher.
- Added graphics setting to toggle antialiasing levels. This can improve performance on lower end machines when disabled.
- Added pro tips to the Glossary.
- Many new icons for items.
- Added new voice set reactivity for lockpick, poison, enemy spotted in stealth, spell failure, death, immobilized, and completed task.
- Added indicators on the loot screen when looting crafting and quest items.
- Party can now use lockpicks that are in the Stash.
- You can now cast AoEs on party member portraits and the spell will be targeted at the companion's location.
For complete list of patch notes check Obsidian Forums.