July 31, 2017 11:32 IST

Fire breaks out at Shastri Bhawan

1 of 4 Shastri Bhawan,Shastri Bhawan fire,fire at Shastri Bhawan
A fire broke out at the Shastri Bhawan on Monday due to a short circuit in an air conditioner (AC), an official said here.
2 of 4 Shastri Bhawan,Shastri Bhawan fire,fire at Shastri Bhawan
"The fire broke out on the seventh floor of the building at 9.42 a.m. Five fire tenders rushed to the spot and it was doused," the fire service official told IANS.
3 of 4 Shastri Bhawan,Shastri Bhawan fire,fire at Shastri Bhawan
No casualties were reported, he said.
4 of 4 Shastri Bhawan,Shastri Bhawan fire,fire at Shastri Bhawan
The Shastri Bhawan is a government building that houses a number of ministries including Human Resources Development; Law and Justice; and Information and Broadcasting.