Rajinikanth's speech at film events are always awaited by cine goers as it will be often filled with some interesting observations, anecdotes, comments about his films and above all for his messages to his fans. The Tamil superstar, this time at Petta audio launch, kept it simple and spoke much about the film, cast and crew before talking about the Gaja cyclone.
Here is the complete speech of the actor:
- We are doing our bit (fans club) for the people affected by the Gaja cyclone. It is the time we stand for our people.
- 2.0 has become a successful movie at the box office. I thank everyone for making it a hit movie. The credit should go to Shankar and Lyca Productions. The sequel was first initated by Kalanithi Maran, who had paid Rs 1 crore cheque following the success of Enthiran (1st instalment in Robot franchise).
- When we decided to do 2.0, Sun Pictures was not actively producing the film and the project went to Lyca Productions. I got a call from Sembian from Sun Pictures about the production house getting active in the business again and that they are funding Vijay's next movie (Sarkar).
- Upon agreeing to work with Sun Pictures again, the first name that came to my mind was Karthik Subbaraj. The story looked further good and had completeness in it this time when we sat for the second narration. The story of Petta story is set in hill stations. Hence, we shot the film in Dehra Dun and many other hill stations. We could not shoot the film in Tamil Nadu due to 'Anbu Thollai'.
- Jithu is the name of Vijay Sethupathi's role, a character with negative shade. I was worried who could enact such role. When Karthik Subbaraj suggested Vijay Sethupathi's name I was not sure whether he would agree to do the character.
- A day after our meeting, Karthik Subbaraj told me that Vijay Sethupathi was on board for Petta. He is a 'Maha-Nadigan' (great actor). After working with him, I got a feeling of working with a brilliant artist.
- I was not sure whether Trisha would act in the film as it is a brief role. But I was happy when I realised that she was agreed to work in the project. Sasikumar is one of the kindest human being I have ever met and I wish him all the success.
- I was the happiest man when I realise that Anirudh was on board to score music for my film. His parents identitied his talent during his childhood. I can still remember when he used to have that piano which was bigger than him. Dhanush had told me once that 'Anirudh is the next AR Rahman.'
- I had a great experience working with Simran and Karthik took me to 70s-80s. He has the ability to bring best out of his actors. I thank him for making me comfortable on the sets.
- I will be out of town for my birthday (12 December) this year too. I apologise my fans if they are disappointed by my move.
When @rajinikanth praises about @SasikumarDir— Sun TV (@SunTV) December 9, 2018
"Thangamana manidhar.. Indha maari kedaikuma.. Kozhandhaiku dhaadi meesa valandha maari oruthar"
Right now.. #PettaAudioParak pic.twitter.com/OER831ujNo