Overwatch, the popular first-person shooter video game from Blizzard, has made a new patch available for public testing on the Public Test Region (PTR). The patch is currently in development stages.
The new patch brings several changes to the general, hero balance, user interface and other bug fixes.
But one of the most prominent update, which Blizzard had promised, is the Roadhog nerf. The chain hook will now be consistent for Roadhog players. The update will not allow enemies to be hooked or pulled around corners. The hook will instead pull in the enemies directly from the Roadhog. But the exception is in cases where Roadhog rotates drastically.
D.Va has also been nerfed with the new patch. She will be losing 200 armour but will instead gain 200 health. Also, her weapon will be doing less damage.
Ana's Biotic Grenade will now be 50 percent less effective and Sombra's Hack will take only 0.8 seconds to complete (down from 1 second).
Blizzard is also adding the Emote Wheel within the Communication wheel.
Players who wish to participate in the public testing need to have a copy of the PC version of the game and Battle.net account.
How to participate in PTR
Step 1: Restart the Battle.net desktop app.
Step 2: Navigate to the Overwatch tab on the left-hand menu.
Step 3: Select "PTR: Overwatch" from the REGION/ACCOUNT drop-down menu.
Step 4: Click "Install" to begin the installation process.
Step 5: Once the PTR client is installed and updated, click "Play" to begin
Overwatch PTR Update Patch Notes
- Emote Wheel
- Players can now equip up to four emotes, sprays, and voice lines from within the hero gallery
- Voice line and emote submenus can be accessed using the left and right mouse buttons from within the communication wheel
- Players can now bind individual sprays, emotes, and voice lines to unique keys or mouse buttons
Hero Balance Updates
- Biotic Grenade
- Healing boost on allies has been decreased by 50 percent
Developer comments: The healing boost from Ana's Biotic Grenade was providing too much healing, especially when used on targets with large health pools.
- Health increased from 200 to 400
- Armor decreased from 400 to 200
- Fusion Cannons
- Bullet damage decreased from 3 to 2
- Number of bullets per shot has been increased from 8 to 11
Developer comments: D.Va's armor often made her feel like she had no weaknesses, even against heroes that are often effective against bigger targets (like Reaper). The changes to her Fusion Cannons will result in a small overall decrease in damage, but they should feel more consistent now.
- Chain Hook
- Targets are now pulled directly in front of Roadhog (rather than straight to him), except in cases where Roadhog drastically rotates.
- Hooked targets are now released if they leave Roadhog's line-of-sight before being pulled.
- Line-of-sight checks (which detect if targets should be initially hit by the hook) are now done from Roadhog's position, rather than the hook's position.
Developer comments: The hook should now feel more consistent for Roadhog players, but it should also feel more reasonable to his enemies, as they cannot be hooked or pulled around corners anymore.
- The time it takes to hack a target has been decreased from 1 second to 0.8 seconds
Developer comments: Sombra often had difficulty hacking enemies, even when she surprised the target. This change should help her execute hacks more easily.
User Interface Updates
- The "Stay as Team" button lights up when anyone on your team clicks it.
- Hero ability icons are now displayed.
- Ultimate abilities are now indicated with an orange arrow.
- Headshot eliminations are now indicated with a red icon.
- Fixed a bug that allowed spectators to click the "Stay as Team" button after a game ended
- Fixed a bug that caused the "Stay as Team" button to overlap with the "Back" button on the Social menu
- Fixed a bug causing the "Mouse 4" button to execute the "Back" function during menu navigation, preventing it from being used for other features
- Fixed a bug preventing the Social menu from correctly displaying World of Warcraft zones that have a single quotation mark in the name
- Fixed a bug causing heroes to display a "T-pose" on the victory screen following a Mystery Heroes brawl
- Fixed a bug that prevented the Roadhog bot from grabbing enemies with his Chain Hook through a friendly Reinhardt's Barrier Field
- Fixed a bug that allowed the Sombra bot to hack through barriers
- Fixed a bug that made the Torbjorn bot unresponsive after placing his turret
- Fixed a bug preventing players from receiving experience points when playing offseason games
- Fixed a bug that would cause the cup in Ana's "Toast" victory pose to appear blurry on the right side of the screen
- Fixed a bug causing several visual effect issues on McCree's "Hat Trick" emote
- Fixed a bug causing Mercy's wings to be improperly placed on her Valkyrie and Sigrún skins
- Fixed a bug that sometimes prevented Symmetra's Photon Barrier from playing a sound effect when destroyed
- Fixed a bug that sometimes prevented Widowmaker's Venom Mine from attaching to walls
- Fixed a bug that prevented Zenyatta's Nutcracker skin from glowing when his Transcendence ultimate ability was activated
- Fixed a bug that allowed Widowmaker to reach an unintended location on Eichenwalde
- Fixed a bug that allowed Widowmaker to reach unintended locations on Ecopoint: Antarctica
- Fixed a bug that allowed Sombra to reach unintended locations on Dorado
- Fixed a bug that allowed Sombra to reach unintended locations on Watchpoint: Gibraltar
- Fixed a bug on Oasis's garden tier where the border around the capture point inaccurately marked the bounds of the capture point
- Fixed an issue causing texture fragmentation on the Practice Range
- Fixed a bug preventing some projectiles from destroying the piñatas on Dorado
- Fixed an issue preventing the glass railings on Oasis from being easily broken by a melee attack