Google hasn't revealed the release date of its upcoming flagship smartphone dubbed as Nexus 6 but several features of the device have been leaked. Going by the reports that have surfaced so far, the new smartphone is expected to have several feature upgrades over its predecessor Nexus 5.
Nexus is expected to come with several new features, including a curved LCD display and a lightweight, polycarbonate body. Reports suggested that it may also boast of Wi-Fi, 4G LTE, Bluetooth 4.0, NFC and micro-USB connectivity slot.
Here are six features upgrades Nexus 6 is expected to have over Nexus 5:
1) Processor: Nexus 6 is expected to come with Quad-core MT6732 64-bit chip that clocked at 1.5GHz, or the octa-core MT6752 SoC running at a frequency of 2.0GHz, according to G4Games, while its predecessor was powered by Qualcomm MSM8974 Snapdragon 800 processor.
2) Operating System: Nexus 5 run on Android v4.4 KitKat OS (upgradable to v4.4.4 KitKat) while its successor is very likely to come with Android L, a new software to be introduced with the device.
3) Display: Nexus 6 may sport a 5.2-inch full HD screen with 1080x1920 pixels resolution and protected by Corning Gorilla Glass, while its predecessor has a 4.95-inch display with 1080 x 1920 pixels (445 ppi pixel density).
4) Memory: Nexus 5 houses 16/32 GB internal memory and 2GB RAM, while its predecessor has 32 GB internal memory and 3GB RAM.
5) Camera: Nexus 5 has an 8 MP with 3264 x 2448 pixels, autofocus and optical image stabilization. Nexus 6 is expected to have either 20MP or 13MP camera.
6) Battery: Nexus 6 has a 3100 mAh Li-Polymer battery, compared to Li-Po 2300 mAh battery seen in its predecessor.
Check out features comparison between Nexus 6 and Nexus 5:
|Models||Nexus 6||Nexus 5|
|Display||5.2-inch full HD screen protected by Corning Gorilla Glass and have 1080x1920 pixels resolution||4.95-inch with 1080 x 1920 pixels (445 ppi pixel density)|
|Processor||Quad-core MT6732 64-bit chip that clocked at 1.5GHz, or the octa-core MT6752 SoC running at a frequency of 2.0GHz (according to G4Games)||Qualcomm MSM8974 Snapdragon 800|
|OS||Android L||Android OS, v4.4 KitKat, upgradable to v4.4.4 KitKat|
|Camera||20MP camera with HDR mode or 13MP main camera and a 5MP front snapper||8 MP, 3264 x 2448 pixels, autofocus, optical image stabilization|
|Memory||32 GB internal memory and 3GB RAM||16/32 GB internal memory and 2GB RAM|
|Battery||3100 mAh Li-Polymer battery||Li-Po 2300 mAh battery|
Google is expected to release Nexus 6 in October though the exact date is not being revealed. Sundar Pichai, VP at Google, had said at the Mobile World Congress 2014 (MWC 2014) that the device would be announced in October.