The attention is now back on Google's upcoming flagship smartphone dubbed as Nexus 6 aka Nexus X as Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and iPhone 6 are set to hit the stores soon.
The search giant hasn't announced the release date of Nexus 6 but reports have revealed several features of the device.
Google Vice President, Sundar Pichai said at the Mobile World Congress 2014 (MWC 2014) that the device would be announced in October but didn't provide further details. But going by the reports that have surfaced so far, it is very likely to see the light of the day before the end of 2014.
However, Inferse website has gone ahead and claimed that Motorola Shamu aka Nexus 6 would be unveiled on 31 October without mentioning its release date.
Going by the tradition that Google Inc. has been following all these years, the upcoming Nexus 6 aka Nexus X is expected to be released on the day of unveiling.
The next-generation smartphone is expected to come with several feature upgrades, giving its competitors like iPhone 6 and Samsung Galaxy series a run for their money.
Here are the 10 expected features of Nexus 6 aka Nexus X:
1) Display: The Nexus 6 aka Nexus X is expected to sport a 5.2-inch screen.
2) Resolution: The device may come with a 1440 x 2560 pixels (565 ppi pixel density) screen resolution.
3) Design: The device may come with a curved LCD display and a lightweight, polycarbonate body.
4) Processor: According to the Antutu benchmark listing, the new Nexus handset is expected to be powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 chipset with CPU speed close to 2.5GHz, while G4Games reported that the device might come with a Quad-core MT6732 64-bit chip that clocked at 1.5GHz, or the octa-core MT6752 SoC running at a frequency of 2.0GHz.
5) Operating System: The Nexus 6 aka Nexus X will run on Android L. Google Inc. is expected to introduce the yet-to-be-released OS with the device.
6) Camera: There are conflicting reports on the camera features of the device. Some reports claim that it will come with a 20MP camera, while Antutu benchmark said that the smartphone will come with a 13MP rear camera and 2.1MP front snapper. It may have features like autofocus, optical image stabilization, LED flash, Geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, photo sphere, HDR and dual recording.
7) Memory: It may have 32GB internal memory and 3GB RAM.
8) Battery: The device may be powered by a 3,100 mAh Li-Polymer battery.
9) Connectivity: Wi-Fi, 4G LTE, Bluetooth 4.0, NFC and micro-USB connectivity slot.
10) Sensors: Accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass and barometer.