The much-awaited Xiaomi Mi 5S flagship smartphone could now be launched earlier than expected, on 27 September. An official invite to the media hints at the launch of a new Xiaomi smartphone bearing an 'S' moniker, thereby hinting at the launch of the Mi 5S.
It is worth noting that a Xiaomi device believed to be the Mi 5S was certified in China not too long ago, and this device's key technical specifications also surfaced online. Now it seems imminent that the Xiaomi Mi 5S would be launched first in China before gradually being made available in other countries.
Though the key technical specifications of the Xiaomi Mi 5S have not been revealed officially, rumours say the smartphone would come with the following key hardware aspects:
- 5.15-inch display offering the Force Touch functionality
- 2.4 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 SoC and Adreno 530 GPU
- 6 GB RAM
- 256 GB internal storage
- 16 MP rear camera with dual LED flash
- Dual SIM-card support
- LTE, HSPA, Bluetooth 4.2, Wi-Fi and USB Type-C connectivity/support
- 3,490 mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 support
Xiaomi has also scheduled a flash sale on 14 September to sell the Redmi 3S. This flash sale could very well be the last one, thereby paving the way for the release of the next-gen Xiaomi Mi 5S in India.