2K Sports has started to reveal player ratings in upcoming basketball simulation video game "NBA 2K17". The ratings were tweeted by the NBA players themselves on Twitter.
Karl-Anthony Towns of Minnesota Timberwolves has the current highest overalls of 88, while Andre Drummond of Detroit Pistons has the second highest overall of 87. Isaiah Thomas of Boston Celtics is placed third with overall of 85, which is tied with Mike Conley Jr of Memphis Grizzlies and Hassan Whiteside of Miami Heat.
The game will be the 18th installment in the NBA 2K franchise and the successor to NBA 2K16. It is scheduled to be released in September 2016 for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, and Xbox 360.
Paul George is the cover athlete for the regular edition of the game, while Kobe Bryant is the cover athlete for the 'Legend Edition'.
Here are the player ratings of the athletes in "NBA 2K17:"
- Karl-Anthony Towns - Overall 88
- Andre Drummond - Overall 87
- Isaiah Thomas - Overall 85
- Mike Conley, Jr. - Overall 85
- Hassan Whiteside - Overall 85
- C. J. McCollum - Overall 83
- Rudy Gobert - Overall 81
- Kristaps Porzingis - Overall 80
- D'Angelo Russell - Overall 79
- Ben Simmons - Overall 79
- Evan Fournier - Overall 78
- Kent Bazemore - Overall 78
- Myles Turner - Overall 78
- Julius Randle - Overall 77
- Jordan Clarkson - Overall 77
- Joel Embiid - Overall 77
- Jared Sullinger - Overall 77
- Emmanuel Mudiay - Overall 76
- Marcus Smart - Overall 76
- Brandan Wright - Overall 76
- Jared Dudley - Overall 76
- Brandon Jennings - Overall 75
- Stanley Johnson - Overall 75
- Josh Richardson - Overall 75
- Larry Nance, Jr. - Overall 75
- Jaylen Brown - Overall 74
- Doug McDermott - Overall 74
- Dewayne Dedmon - Overall 74
- Denzel Valentine - Overall 73
- Jonas Jerebko - Overall 73
- Justin Anderson - Overall 73
- Seth Curry - Overall 72
- Ben McLemore - Overall 72
- Isaiah Canaan - Overall 72
- Ian Clark - Overall 72
- Sean Kilpatrick Jr. - Overall 72
- Willie Cauley-Stein - Overall 72
- Taurean Prince - Overall 71
- Marquese Chriss - Overall 71
- Dejounte Murray - Overall 70
- Jordan McRae - Overall 70
- Glenn Robinson III - Overall 70
- Chris McCollough - Overall 70
- Patrick McCaw - Overall 69
- Kay Felder - Overall 69
- Malachi Richardson - Overall 69
- Malik Beasley - Overall 69
- Spencer Dinwiddie - Overall 69
- Stephen Zimmerman - Overall 67
"The Prelude" allows players to have early MyCareer experience
2K Sports also revealed that it will offer "The Prelude," which lets players have early MyCareer experience as free download. This will be available starting Sept. 9.
This is the first time that 2K Sports is allowing players to experience MyCareer before the release of the game. The publisher noted that players who download the app will be able to choose from multiple authentic Division I collegiate programs and they can also boost their stock for NBA Draft.
This app will also include enhanced MyPlayer personalisation through new mobile phone face scan technology (MyNBA2K Companion app). It features a new tutorial mode (2KU) with U.S. basketball coach Mike Krzyzewski ("Coach K"). His coaching will be on some of the fundamental basketball strategies.
Players in "The Prelude" would be witness to changes in draft stock based on performance of authentic college games. They will also see exclusive MyCareer scenes through the customised avatar. This will include interaction with high school coaches and teammates.
Players can put 2K Sports's new mobile companion app, MyNBA2K17 to good use by scanning their face into the game.
The app will also be inclusive of collectible NBA 2K themed card game, MyTeam Mobile. It lets players collect favourite NBA player cards and legends letting them challenge others in quick games, season tournaments and weekly special events that includes, Rivals Clash and Road to the Championship.
The app will have additional features include:
- Ability to earn Virtual Currency daily for NBA 2K17
- Pick and win mini-games leveraging live NBA game stats
- Shop for console items while on-the-go from an expanded MyPlayer Store
- Buy and sell cards on the Auction House
- Watch 2KTV anytime on your mobile device
The MyNBA2K17 App will be coming on Sept. 8 for Xbox One and PS4. This app offers no support for PC users.
"NBA 2K17" is expected to be released for PC, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One on Sept. 20, 2016.