The United States celebrates the National Cat Day every 29 October. But the love for cats is such a universal emotion that one can't help but embrace the day no matter which country one belongs to.
The interesting day -- celebrated in recognition of everything that a feline is -- was created in 2005 by animal welfare advocate Colleen Paige, whose aim was to raise awareness on the number of cats rescued every year and also to let cat lovers celebrate the felines that make their lives more beautiful.
So here are 10 quotes – the most beautiful things ever said about the animal – and 5 videos to celebrate the day.
1. "I have felt cats rubbing their faces against mine and touching my cheek with claws carefully sheathed. These things, to me are expression of love." – James Herriot (British Vet Surgeon and Writer)
2. "Time spent with cats is never wasted" – Sigmund Freud, Psychologist
3. "There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats." – Albert Schweitzer (German philosopher)
4. "No matter how much cats fight, there always seem to be plenty of kittens," – Abraham Lincoln (16th US President)
5. "Five cats and a woman. That is all I need in life" – Alejandro Jodorowsky (Chilean filmmaker, actor, writer)
6. "If we treated everyone we meet with the same affection we bestow upon our favourite cat, they, too, would purr." – Martin Delany (African American journalist, writer)
7. "A man is like a cat; chase him and he will run – sit still and ignore him and he'll come purring at your feet." – Helen Rowland (American journalist and humorist)
8. "My relationship with my cats has saved me from a deadly, pervasive ignorance." – William S. Burroughs (American Novelist, writer)
9. "It is difficult to obtain the friendship of a cat. It is a philosophical animal...one that does not place its affections thoughtlessly." – Theophile Gautier (French Poet)
10. "Cats know how to obtain food without labor, shelter without confinement, and love without penalties." – W.L. George
Cat Licking Vaccum Cleaner:
Cat On a Skateboard:
Cat Who Saved Boy from Dog (Viral Video):