Google-owned technology firm Motorola is all set to launch its much-hyped Moto G smartphone in India in January 2014.
After weeks of speculation and leaks, the firm unveiled Moto G at an event in Sao Paulo, Brazil on Wednesday. Motorola is well known for its highly customisable Moto X smarphone.
- 4.5-inch LCD, HD (1280 x 720) display with 326ppi.
- Snapdragon 400 1.2GHz quad-core processor with Adreno 305 GPU.
- Runs on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean OS with a guaranteed upgrade to 4.4 Kitkat OS in January.
- Comes in 8GB and 16GB inbuilt storage space with 1GB RAM.
- 5-megapixel rear-facing camera with LED Flash and 1.3-megapixel front-facing camera.
- Support for 3G/GSM networks along with other connectivity options such as GPS, GLONASS, microUSB, Wi-Fi a/b/g/n and Bluetooth 4.0 LE.
- Black/White colour options with replaceable coloured backplates, reported Android Authority.
Pricing and Availability
The smartphone is said to go on sale this week in Brazil and in some parts of Europe. Moto G will be available in Latin America, Europe, Canada and some parts of Asia in next few weeks.
The handset is set to hit the shelves in the US, Middle East and in other parts of Asia in January 2014.
The Motorola blog added that the smartphone's (without contract, no SIM Lock and unloackable bootloader) 8GB variant will be available for $179 (₹11,286 approx.) and the 16GB for $199 (₹12,546 approx.).
With high-end specifications for a cheap price tag, Moto G is expected to pose stiff competition to Samsung and Micromax smartphones along with Nokia's popular Lumia 520 and 620 handsets.