Prolific mobile custom firmware developer community GZ (Ground Zero) Roms have released the new version of Validus software to the Motorola's 2013 smartphone Moto G (1st Gen) aka Falcon.
This new Validus series custom ROM has been created by GZ Roms (& XDA Developer Forum) member, who goes by the moniker Flashhhh. It is based on the AOSP (Android Open Source Project) v5.1.1 Lollipop and CyanogenMod and brings numerous personalisation options such as:
- Nav Bar Tweaks (ON/OFF Toggle and Custom Dimensions)
- Animated Rotation Tile
- Notification Ticker
- Lockscreen Shortcuts
- System Animations
- Network Traffic
- Dark MMS
- Dark Material based design
- Volume keys wakes the Device
- Embedded SuperSU
- Ambient Display
- Status Bar clock tweaks (Right, Center Or Hide clock with many other options)
- CM's Eleven Music App and AudioFX
- Ad Blocker App Bundle
- Performance tweaks, plenty more features have been incorporated to enhance the user-experience on the Motorola Moto G (1st Gen) aka Falcon
Prerequisites(Things to remember before installing the custom ROM):
- Make sure the device is rooted before going forward for custom ROM installation. [Read more: How to Root Motorola Moto G (Gen 1) with Android 5.0 Lollipop via CF-Auto-Root Tool ]
- This Tesla Android 5.1.1 Lollipop custom ROM from Team Horizon has to be installed on Moto G (Gen 1) aka Falcon models - XT1031, XT1032, XT1033 and XT1034) and Google Play Edition (XT1032), if tried on other devices, it might get bricked [To check your device model: Go to Settings >> About phone >> model number]
- Installation of custom ROM requires clearing of memory in the smartphone, so make sure to back all the data by installing Clockwork Mod (CWM) Recovery/ TWRP in the smartphone.
- Users make sure they have installed USB drivers on the PC, or else your device (Moto G) will not be recognized by the computer.
- Make sure your device has more than 80 percent battery, or else there is chance of smartphone getting temporarily bricked if the installation process is interrupted in the mid-way.
[Disclaimer: This procedure is very technical and should be performed by a person with sound knowledge of rooting (or manual software installation) Android devices. If the step-by-step installation process is not followed properly, there are chances of the smartphone getting bricked or being permanently irreparable. International Business Times, India Edition cannot be held responsible for any damage or claims from readers if the procedure does not yield the required results or if the smartphone is bricked. Hence, users are advised to proceed with caution.]
Tutorial: Step-by-step installation procedure of Validus Android 5.1.1 Lollipop custom ROM on Motorola Moto G (Gen 1) aka Falcon-
Step 2: Connect Motorola Moto G (1st Gen) aka Falcon to PC via USB cord.
[Note: Before plugging the phone to the computer, be sure that you have installed USB driver software, if not, click HERE to download the firmware]
Step 3: Then, place Android 5.1.1 Lollipop Custom ROM zip file and Google Apps file into the phone's SD card memory. [Note: Users are advised to paste the .zip file in SD card root, not in any other folder.]
[Note: Before users' begin installing the custom software, be sure that the device must have rooted and has installed ClockworkMod Recovery/TWRP tool.]
Step 4: Now, turn off the device and disconnect from the PC.
Step 5: Then perform the regular Recovery Mode sortie by press holding 'Volume (Down)' and 'Power' buttons.
Step 6: After entering the RECOVERY mode, clear the phone memory, by choosing 'wipe data/factory reset'
[Note: use 'Volume' keys to navigate and 'Power' button to select options, while operating under Recovery Mode]
Step 7: Now, clear the cache memory by selecting 'wipe cache partition'
Step 8: Then to go back to Recovery mode, and select 'advanced' and tap 'wipe dalvik cache' [Note: This step is optional, but many recommend this procedure so that user will not face boot loops or any other errors in the middle of custom ROM installation]
Step 9: Again come back to main recovery screen and then tap 'install zip from SD card'
Step 10: Then tap 'choose zip from sdcard' and go to Android ROM .zip file in SD card and enter the installation process. Repeat the same procedure again to install the Google Apps. [Note: use 'Volume' keys to navigate and 'Power' button to select options]
Step 11: Once done with the installation process, navigate to '+++++Go Back+++++' and re-start the device by opting 'reboot system now' seen in the recovery menu.
Now, your device (Moto G - Gen 1) will take a few minutes to complete the booting process.
Users then head to Settings >> select 'About phone' to confirm the installation of Validus Android 5.1.1 Lollipop custom ROM.