Anticipation and excitement for this Mortal Kombat X, the fighting video game from NetherRealm Studios has got its fans going with a new leaked screen-grab from a German gaming magazine is any indicator. Internet is already abuzz with the news of Kano being a playable fighter in the upcoming Mortal Kombat X.
Kano was the leader of the Black Dragon crime cartel in the 2011's rebooted Mortal Kombat. He was also last seen as being frozen by Sub-Zero. It looks that he will be back to take his revenge in Mortal Kombat X.
— Ryan (@westkoastkilla) August 3, 2014
The leaked image shows that it is likely that Kano will be able to use his wrestling moves and will be able to use the Flying Knee special attack.
Ed Boon's Gamescom Promise
Ed Boon, the head of NetherRealm Studios, had revealed that more characters will be shown at Gamescom 2014. Gamescom will be held from Aug 13-17 in Cologne, Germany.
Previously too before the reveal of Raiden at EVO 2014, Boon had teased him as a playable character, IGN reported.
1. Cyrax and Sektor: Boon hinted on these two cyborgs with a tweet. He had posted a picture of McDonald's cheeseburger. When one of the followers asked if he meant Ronald McDonald, he replied with the tweet "Don't you mean KETCHUP & MUSTARD?"
Attack of the Fanboy has found a link between his tweets and Cyrax and Sektor. It said that ketch-up and mustard are related to these two fighting characters. There is a code for these two cyborgs. Ketch-up is red and mustard is yellow and that Cyrax is red and Sektor is yellow too.
2. Fujin (Based on Boon's Retweet)
3. Aquaman (Based on Boon's Retweet)
7. Li Mei
9. Bo' Rai Cho (based on Boon's re-tweet)
10. Smoke (based on Boon's re-tweet)
11. Ermac (based on Boon's re-tweet)
12. Sweet Tooth (based on Boon's re-tweet)
13. Kitana (based on Boon's re-tweet)
14. Shang Tsung (based on Boon's re-tweet)
15. Skarlet (based on Boon's re-tweet)
Below are the confirmed fighters that have been already part of the roster:
- Cassie Cage
- Kotal Kahn
The game is, however, expected to balance between new and old classic characters, according to Steve Beran, lead designer for the game.
Boon has confirmed that the game will be running at 60FPS on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.
Mortal Kombat X will be released sometime in 2015 for PC, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One.