Microsoft has announced that it will be releasing updates for Xbox One for Xbox Video and Xbox Smart Glass that will enable it to have TV elements for the global audience and for usage of OneGuide on other devices.
Apart from this, the company also said that it will also release system update for Xbox 360.
In a video on Xbox Wire Xbox head, Larry Hryb revealed that the users will now be able to rent a movie on Xbox Video and will be able to watch it on any platform they want.
The new update will be pushing ability to use the Xbox One controller, Kinect voice or gesture commands, Xbox One media remote, and Xbox SmartGlass with a tablet or cell phone.
Below are the features that were added to SmartGlass that will allow the user to:
- Easily navigate game options, so you can quickly get to the full list of achievements, challenges and game clips without jumping through multiple screens.
- View recent players to find people you recently gamed with, easily add them as a friend, or issue a rematch challenge.
- Sort the Friends list by online status for a quick view of what your friends are doing.
- View your Activity Feed in a way that matches the view on your console
- Launch an app in Snap from your mobile device, and when you're done, simply unsnap it.
- Receive Xbox Live messaging alerts on your mobile device, making it easier to stay in touch with friends when you're on the go.
The new updates for the Xbox One will improve greatly the TV experience on Xbox One. These features will be coming to new markets with OneGuide and universal remote control to Xbox SmartGlass. Presently they are by invited only in countries like the U.S., Europe, and Canada.
This will allow users opting for this to have a better TV watching experience, gives more control over Xbox One, TV and set-top box. Users will also be able to record and watch content.