Matt Bomer, one of the greatest visual treats – both aesthetically and artistically – promoted by Hollywood, will be celebrating his 38th birthday on Sunday, 11 October. On the eve of his birthday, we thought it apt to reveal some of the most endearing things about the "Magic Mike" star, who has been married to his husband Simon Halls for four years.
- Bomer, who has been married to his husband Simon Halls since 2011, kept it a secret until 2012. He also has three children; Halls is 13 years elder to him.
- His father is John Bomer, a former Dallas Cowboys draft pick.
- His sexuality and marital status became public knowledge only when he thanked his husband and their children during the acceptance speech at the Steve Chase Humanitarian Awards for New Generation Arts and Activism Award for his work in the fight against HIV/AIDS.
- Bomer publicly Bomer has been practising Transcendental Meditation since his early 20s.
- Bomer attended the Carnegie Mellon University Drama School in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania in 2001 along with his "Magic Mike" co-star Joe Manganiello.
- Bomer landed in his most successful TV role as Neal Caffrey in USA Network's "White Collar" in 2009, and played the roles till 2014.
- Bomer acted alongside his distant cousin Justin Timberlake in the movie "In Time", as a 105-year-old drunken and suicidal Henry Hamilton.
- Bomer's portryal of Felix Turner in the 2014 TV movie The Normal Heart earned him a Golden Globe Award for Best Supporting Actor in a Series, Miniseries or TV Feature.