It seems like the wait for Maruti's new crossover S-Cross is almost over. In what appears to be a sign of the launch news of S-Cross, the dealers of the company have started accepting the bookings for new SX4 crossover.
A report in The Indian Express says that the bookings for S-Cross are open in the country with the launch of the model just around the corner. Maruti, the country's largest car maker, is expected to pull the wraps off its hotly anticipated S-Cross in India in July. The car, which was recently shown at IIFA Awards 2015 in Kuala Lumpur, has already hit the assembly line.
Maruti S-Cross Crossover -Things to Know
- Maruti S-Cross crossover, which is based on SX4, will be pitted against Renault Duster and Ford EcoSport in India.
- Maruti SX4 S-cross, the model that will go by the name S-Cross, will be sold in the country without Suzuki or Maruti badge on it.
- Under the hood, Maruti's S-Cross is likely to get 1.3-litre and 1.6-litre diesel engines. The 1.6-litre diesel engine will have the capacity to churn out a power of 118bhp with a peak torque of 32kgm and the transmission is likely to come from a six-speed manual gearbox.
- S- Cross is likely to be priced around ₹8 lakh and will be sold through Maruti's new Nexa dealerships.
- The S-Cross, which is already being sold in the international markets like Europe, measures 4300 mm in length, 1765 mm in width and 1580 mm in height with a ground clearance of 170 mm. In India, the ground clearance of the model is expected to be more than that.
- The S-Cross is likely to house features like automatic climate control, black interior with silver accents, rear air-con vents and SmartPlay touch-screen infotainment system.
- Outside, the model will get dual-slat chrome grille, 16-inch alloy wheels and projector headlamps with daytime running lights.