Maruti Suzuki launched its second car via Nexa premium dealerships, the Baleno, on Oct.26, 2015. The car became another successful model with increasing demand and the waiting period for the car now stands at nearly six months. The overwhelming response led Maruti Suzuki to unveil the Baleno RS concept at the Auto Expo 2016 earlier this month. Baleno RS is not just another variant for the current Baleno hatchback. Here is the top seven things you need to know about the concept.
- The Baleno RS will be the first car In India powered by the Boosterjet of Suzuki. The 1.0-litre Boosterjet engine is a turbocharged petrol unit that will develop close to 110bhp and 170Nm of peak torque.
- The go-fast RS version will visually distinguish itself from the regular Baleno with sportier front and rear bumper. The rear bumper will feature dual-tone scheme with faux diffusers. Other styling add-ons are side skirts and new diamond cut alloy wheels in dark shade.
- The dashboard of the Baleno RS will be identical to the regular model. The steering wheel also will be the same while the seats will get exclusive leather covers.
- The car will flaunt comfort features such as reverse camera, automatic climate control and 7-inch touchscreen SmartPlay entertainment system with Apple CarPlay.
- Upon arrival, the Baleno RS will lock horn against the Fiat Abarth Punto, Ford Figo 1.5-litre petrol and Volkswagen Polo GT TSI in India.
- Maruti Suzuki has confirmed the launch of the car during the festive season of the year along with the launch of Ignis compact SUV.
- The Baleno RS will not be available in the regular Maruti Suzuki showroom and is reserved for Nexa premium dealerships.