Gagan Narang boosted the moral of the Indian camp on Monday by winning a bronze medal in men's 10m air rifle - India's first medal at the ongoing London Olympics but the day that followed was gloomy with medal hopefuls faltering.
The biggest surprise on day 4 of the London Olympics is the ouster of Tennis men's doubles pair Mahesh Bhupathi and Rohan Bopanna. However, boxers and badminton players gave some ray of hope on Tuesday.
Here are London Olympics 2012 Day 4 Highlights of Indian Participants:
- Boxing: Devendro Singh entered pre-quarterfinals by defeating Molina Figueroa Bayron of Honduras in the light flyweight (49kg) category. He won by knockout in the 1st round.
- Badminton: Jwala Gutta and Ashwini Ponappa entered the next round by beating SM Sari and L Yao of Singapore 21-16, 21-15.
- Badminton: Parupalli Kashyap entered pre-quarterfinals by defeating Tien Minh Nguyen of Vietnam 21-9, 21-14 in men's singles group D.
- Boxing: Manoj Kumar entered pre-quarterfinals by defeating Turkmenistan's Serdar Hudayberdiyev 13-7 in the Men's 64 kg category.
- Archery: Rahul Banerjee lost 3-7 to Rafal Dobrowolski of Poland in the pre-quarterfinals of the men's individual event.
- Judo: Garima Chaudhary knocked out by Japanese Yoshie Ueno in the first elimination round of the 63kg category.
- Rowing: Swarn Singh Virk finished fourth in the quarterfinal round of the single sculls competition. He will fight for placings in the semi-final.
- Archery: Tarundeep Rai lost 2-6 to Bubmin Kim of Republic of Korea in the pre-quarterfinals of the men's individual event.
- Rowing: Sandeep Kumar and Manjeet Singh crashed out of London Olympics in men's lightweight double sculls repechage.
- Weightlifting: Katulu Ravi Kumar crashed out. He participated in men's 69kg category.
- Archery: Chekrovolu Swuro lost to Jennifer Nichols of USA in the Round of 32 in the women's individual event.
- Badminton: Jwala Gutta and V Diju lost to South Korea's Jung Eun Ha and Yong Dae Lee 21-15, 21-15 in the mixed doubles event.
- Archery: Jayanta Talukdar lost to USA's Wukie Jacobs 0-6 in the men's individual archery event.
- Tennis: Mahesh Bhupathi and Rohan Bopanna lost to Richard Gasquet and Julien Benneteau of France 3-6, 4-6 in the second round.