Lego videogames aren't for everyone. In our time, we have come across a number of 'hardcore' gamers who think lego videogames are "far too childish" for them.
Sure the game lets us see things in a lego-esqe vision of the entire Jurassic world and its inhabitants, but what really stands apart is the ability to play as a dinosaur in the game as well. For that matter, the dinosaurs are classified into small, medium and large categories.
However, there can be a bit of confusion regarding the abilities of each dinosaur in the game, but this guide aims at providing you a clear picture of that. However, it is to be noted that while the small dinosaurs can be selected from the character menu, for others you'll need to activate Dino Spawner in the world.
Lego Jurassic World – Dinosaur Unique Abilities
- Roar: Required to break dinosaur strength objects and Amber.
- Pounce: When playing as a Velociraptor, jump onto a raptor rail and make a higher jump.
- Scent Tracking: Raptors will now follow scent trails.
- Charge: Certain dinosaurs will use their heads to ram and break Lego barriers.
- Tail-Slam: Dinosaur will break things with its tail.
- Goo Spit: If you've chosen Dilophosaurus, you can break things with its dominant spitting attack.
- Rope/Vine Slash: Raptors will cut through Lego vines.
- Flight: For flying dinosaurs; Only Dimorphodons and Pteranodons can use this ability.
- Swim: Select the Mosasaurus and you can go for a swim.
- Dino Strength: Certain dinosaurs will destroy almost anything in the world.
- Quake: Big dinosaurs (like Brachiosaurus) will crush things underfoot.
- Camouflage: Play as the Indominus Rex from Jurassic World and go stealth to surprise enemies.
- Tiny Access: Select a Compy and fit the small dinosaur into specially marked areas.
- Dino Switches: Only the smartest dinosaurs will be able to pull and bite switches to activate stuff.
Lego Jurassic World – Dinosaur Types and Signature Abilities
- Velociraptor – Pounce, Scent Tracking, Rope/Vine Slash, Dino Switch
- Dilophosaurus – Goo Spit
- Gallimimus – N/A
- Compsognathus – Tiny Access
- Troodon – N/A
- Pachycephalosaurus – Charge
- Baby Velociraptor – N/A
- Baby Triceratops – Charge
- Baby Tyrannosaurus Rex – N/A
- Baby Stegosaurus – N/A
- Triceratops – Charge
- Stegosaurus – Tail Slam
- Parasauropholus – N/A
- Corythosaurus – N/A
- Ankylosaurus – Tail Slam
- Tyrannosaurus – Dino Strength, Roar
- Apatosaurus – Quake
- Brachiosaurus – Quake
- Baryonyx – Dino Strength, Roar
- Spinosaurus – Dino Strength, Roar
- Indominus Rex – Roar, Camouflage
- Dimorphodon – Fly
- Pteradodon – Fly, Pteradodon Switches
Which is your favourite dinosaur in Lego Jurassic World that you woul like to play as? Let us know in the comments section below.
[Source: Prima Games]