At least six people were killed in their sleep after a fire broke out at a bakery in Pune early morning on Friday.
The fire broke out at Bakes and Cakes shop located on the ground floor of a multi-storey building near Talab Company at Kondhwa Khurd locality in the city.
A short circuit might is believed to be the cause of the fire.
Workers died of suffocation as the fire broke out when they were sleeping inside the bakery, and got trapped since the door was locked from outside.
"The fire wasn't very big but since there was no outlet, the workers inside died of suffocation," a fire official told NDTV.
The police are currently investigating why the workers were locked in, the channel reported.
The fire has been brought under control.
Maharashtra: Six die after fire broke out at a bakery shop in Pune early this morning pic.twitter.com/cPwSzyj15s
— ANI (@ANI_news) December 30, 2016