KashmirIshfaq Tantray/ Facebook

Even as the curfew has been lifted in most parts of the Kashmir valley, the tension has not subsided yet. Facebook has reportedly blocked the official page of Srinagar-based newspaper Rising Kashmir, as well as the page of hardline separatist leader and Chairman of All Parties Hurriyat Conference(APHC) Syed Ali Shah Geelani.

The curfew and restrictions were later imposed in several districts of South Kashmir and few areas of Srinagar

Earlier, Facebook had also deleted posts of certain activists and other users that condemned Kashmir violence. 

Editor, Rising Kashmir, Syed Shujaat Bukhari said in a Facebook post , "I, in my personal capacity and the Rising Kashmir as an institution will continue to tell the truth and reflect realities on ground no matter what, those who think we can be cowed down by their dirty tricks. Hacking and now blocking the Rising Kashmir page will not deter us to tell people's stories. We are here to let the world know what is happening on the ground. Personal threats and this tactics won't help in forcing us to toe a line. It has been tried by blocking advertisements and whosoever is trying to block our way to truth telling won't succeed by the grace of God. Our team will move on despite these hurdles.God Willing we will emerge stronger."

The press fraternity is already irked over an apparent ban on the newspapers printing and circulation, which evoked criticism worldwide. The state government later denied that it had ordered for any such media gag.

The mobile phone services have been partially restored with postpaid phones allowed to operate. 

Meanwhile, the situation on ground continued to remain tense with clashes between protesters and security forces on Tuesday in Srinagar even as the curfew was lifted. 

The separatists have called for a shutdown in the valley, which affected attendance in schools, colleges and offices.

The valley was under curfew for more than 20 days after the unrest grew over the killing of top commander of Hizbul Mujahideen outfit Burhan Wani. Nearly 50 people were killed in the clashes between protesters and security forces and 3,000 people were injured.