Bollywood hit romantic film-maker Karan Johar turns 43 on Monday, 25 May.
The badman of Anurag Kashyap's "Bombay Velvet" became Hindi entertainment industry's favourite director after his debut venture "Kuch Kuch Hota Hai" in 1998, for which he received Filmfare Awards for Best Director and Best Screenplay.
Check out some interesting facts about Karan Johar below:
- Karan once believed that letter 'K' will bring him success and he tried to use the alphabet for his movies "Kuch Kuch Hota Hai", "Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham", "Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna", among others.
- Karan began his career in Bollywood as a supporting actor in Shah Rukh Khan starrer "Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge" (DDLJ), in which he was also an assistant to director Aditya Chopra.
- He has appeared in cameo roles in "Om Shanti Om", "Fashion" (2008) and "Luck by Chance" (2009).
- Karan has also worked as a costume designer for Shah Rukh for his films "DDLJ", "Dil To Pagal Hai" (1997), "Duplicate" (1998), "Mohabbatein" (2000), "Main Hoon Na", "Veer-Zaara" (2004), "Om Shanti Om" (2007), among others.
- Karan is one of the most active Twitter users and he has introduced many celebs, including his best friend Shah Rukh Khan to the world of micro-blogging. He has 6.24 million followers on Twitter.
Check out some rare photos of Karan Johar below:
— Eva Srk Syahtimah (@Eva_Srk) May 12, 2015
— Happiness♥ (@XaroulaD) May 9, 2015
— Bollwood 90s (@Bolly90s) May 8, 2015