Jessica Jung, one of the most popular K-pop stars and a former member of Girls' Generation, is turning 27 (28 according to Korean age calculation) on Monday, April 18. Born Jung Soo Yeon, Jessica was born in San Francisco, California, and has various nicknames, including Ice Princess, Sica, Jess, Sergeant Sic and Sica-sama.
In celebration of the singer's birthday, here are some fun facts about her:
- Jessica hates cucumber and loves sleep. According to Officially K Music, she can sleep even up to 16 hours per day.
- Jessica's sister Krystal Jung is in the girl band f(x), and even had a 10-episode reality show called "Jessica & Krystal," which premiered on June 3, 2009.
- Jessica made her musical theatre debut with the South Korean production of "Legally Blonde" alongside Lee Ha-nui and Kim Ji-woo in 2009.
- Jessica had her own fashion line called Blanc & Eclare, which used to just be Blanc when it was launched in August 2014.
- After a successful career with Girls' Generation, Jessica is expected to make her solo debut with an album set for release in May 2016.
The upcoming album is eagerly anticipated by Jessica's fans, and it has been reported by SBS that the video shoot for it is completed. It has been over 20 months since the singer sung on stage with her Girls' Generation bandmates. She has reportedly been busy with her fashion brand Blanc & Eclare.
During a fan meet titled Jessica's Birthday Party on April 17, Jessica told a fan she would start holding more meet-and-greet events and possibly even sing for them frequently. At the event, she gave the fans a taste of how awesome her solo album will be, by covering popular pop songs like Taylor Swift's "Love Story" and Justin Beiber's "Love Yourself." You can listen to the songs on the Sweetdelight418 Youtube channel.
Check out some of the amazing photos Jessica has shared on her Instagram page: