The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) announced the results of the Jount Entrance Examination (JEE) Main — also known as the JEE Main test on Thursday, April 26. The result includes the marks examinees have scored on JEE Main Paper 1 along with the rank.
Kalpit Veerval, who hails from Udaipur in Rajasthan, scored 360 out of 360 in the examination. His parents are from a humble background: His father is a compunder, and mother is a teacher at a government school. Kalpit is apparently the first person in the history of the examination to score full marks.
Meanwhile, the CBSE also announced the list of top 2.2 lakh candidates, including Kalpit, who are now eligible for JEE Advanced. CBSE is responsible for holding JEE Main, an all-India entrance test for admission to various engineering colleges like IITs, NITs, IIITs, deemed universities and other Centrally Funded Technical Institutes (CFTI).
JEE Main was conducted on April 2. Those who qualify for the JEE Advanced test will have to give the test on May 21.
Here is how you can check the results:
1. Open the official website: jeemain.nic.in [Click on the link]
2. Scroll down a bit, and you will see a link that says: "JEE Mains 2017 Results". Click.
3. It should take you to a page or popup where you will be asked to enter your application number, date of birth and the security pin issued to you.
4. Key in and click "Enter". It should take you to the results page.
5. What you will now have in front of you is not only your marks but also your rank and whether you are eligible to sit for the JEE Advanced test.
6. The rank will be in two parts: The all-India rank and the all-India rank by category.
Here's wishing you all the best from IBTimes India!