Apple's upcoming devices dubbed as iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus are expected to see the light of day in the third quarter of this year. The Cupertino giant is maintaining secrecy as was in the past, but several leaks have revealed almost everything about the device.
It was reported that the release date of iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus might fall in the third quarter of this year, but no mention was made on the exact date. Now M.I.C. Gadget has claimed in a report that the devices would be unveiled on 11 September before releasing on 18.
10 Things You Need to Know about Apple's New Device
1)Hype on iPhone 7 has stopped over the last few weeks while the iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus hog the limelight, which throws a hint that the former could be pushed to 2016.
2) "Bendgate" issue hit the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus hard. The upcoming devices are expected to give a stronger build that will prevent bending when put under certain amount of force.
3) The upcoming devices are expected to have camera that's capable of taking photos with DSLR quality. According to Techradar citing report by the Wall Street Journal, Apple Inc has bought LinX Computational Imaging, an Israeli company known for its camera technology, for $20 million (approximately £13.5m).
4) It is reported that Apple's new device will have Force Touch feature, which is seen in MacBook and Apple Watch.
5) US Patent and Trademark Office awarded Apple Inc with the patent – "Protective mechanism for an electronic device" – sparking off speculations that the said "freefall prevention" technology could be introduced in iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus.
6) In what could come as a disappointment to prospective buyers and Apple fans, iPhone 6s may look very similar to iPhone 6, if leaked images are any indication. However, it may not surprise many, as all iPhones share similar designs.
7) M.I.C. Gadget has reported (via Business Insider) citing insiders at Foxconn that the base model of iPhone 6s and 6s Plus will come packed with 32 GB internal storage. It reported that 32/64/128 GB memory stickers were seen in the package of the devices.
8) iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus are expected to have better fingerprint sensor. The company is said to be planning to provide safer Apple Pay user experience through upgraded Touch ID module.
9) There were reports that Apple might release a 4-inch iPhone 6c along with its upcoming devices, but latest reports have claimed that the device has been scrubbed.
10) iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus will run on the new operating system, iOS 9.
According to a report by M.I.C. Gadget, iPhone 6s will be 7 mm thick (6.9 mm thick in the iPhone 6), and iPhone 6s Plus will be 7.13 mm thick (7.1 mm thick in the iPhone 6 Plus). Both the devices are expected to have A9 processor, 2GB RAM, and 12mp main camera with 4K-video recording under the hood.
A report by Business Insider had earlier claimed citing a research data from Citi Research that iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus will come with features like stronger aluminium alloy chassis, Force Touch, 4.7 and 5.5-inch display, A9 processor, 2GB RAM and a 12mp camera.