A new EuphoriaOS custom ROM based on the latest AOSP (Android Open Source Project) 5.1 Lollipop has been made available for Samsung's 2013 flagship smartphone Galaxy S4 (GT-I9500) 3G model.
According to Team Android, the new custom ROM brings performance tweaks and numerous customizations options such as:
- Advanced Reboot
- IME selector notifications control
- Adb notifications control
- CPU info overlay
- Custom comes pre-loaded with Superuser app
- Status bat brightness control
- Battery-life display option (in percentage)
- Option to disable lock screen carrier label
- Many more customization options to enhance user-experience
Prerequisites (things to remember before installing Custom ROM)
- Though installing custom ROM improves the device's performance and UI experiences, it makes the company warranty void and they will no longer be liable to provide updates in future [users can restore warranty by flashing the device with stock-ROM].
- Make sure the device is rooted before going forward for custom ROM installation.
- This new EurophoriaOS firmware has to be installed on the Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 3G (with Exynos chipset)models only; if tried on other devices, it might get bricked [To check your device model: Go to Settings >> About phone >> model number]
- Users make sure they have installed USB drivers on the PC, or else your smartphone (Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500) will not be recognized by the computer.
- Installation of custom ROM requires clearing of memory in the smartphone, so make sure to back all the data by installing Clockwork Mod (CWM) Recovery/ TWRP in the smartphone.
- Also make sure your device has more than 80 percent battery, or else there is chance of smartphone getting temporarily bricked if the installation process is interrupted in the mid-way.
[Disclaimer:This procedure is very technical and should be performed by a person with sound knowledge of rooting (or manual software installation) Android devices. If the step-by-step installation process is not followed properly, there are chances of the smartphone getting bricked or being permanently irreparable. International Business Times, India Edition cannot be held responsible for any damage or claims from readers if the procedure does not yield the required results or if the smartphone is bricked. Hence, users are advised to proceed with caution.]
Tutorial: Step-by-step installation procedure for EuphoriaOS Android 5.1 Lollipop Custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy S4 (GT-I9500)-
Step 2: Connect Samsung Galaxy S4 (GT-I9500) to PC via USB cord.
[Note: Before plugging the phone to the computer, be sure that you have installed USB driver software, if not, click HERE to download the firmware]
Step 3: Then, place EuphoriaOS Android v5.1 Lollipop custom ROM zip file and Google Apps .zip file into the phone's SD card memory. [Note: Users are advised to paste the .zip file in SD card root, not in any other folder.]
[Note: Before users' begin installing the custom software, be sure that the device must have rooted and has installed ClockworkMod Recovery/TWRP tool.]
Step 4: Now, turn off the device and disconnect from the PC.
Step 5: Then perform the regular Recovery Mode sortie by press holding 'Volume (up)', 'Home' and 'Power' buttons.
Step 6: After entering the RECOVERY mode, clear the phone memory, by selecting 'wipe data/factory reset'
[Note: use 'Volume' keys to navigate and 'Power' button to select options, while operating under Recovery Mode]
Step 7: Now, clear the cache memory by choosing 'wipe cache partition'
Step 8: Then to go back to ClockworkMod recovery, and select 'advanced' and tap 'wipe dalvik cache' [Note: This step is optional, but many recommend this procedure so that user will not face boot loops or any other errors in the middle of custom ROM installation]
Step 9: Again come back to main recovery screen and then tap 'install zip from SD card'
Step 10: Then tap 'choose zip from sdcard' and go to Android 5.1 Lollipop ROM .zip file in SD card and enter the installation process. Repeat the same procedure for Google Apps installation [Note: use 'Volume' keys to navigate and 'Power' button to select options]
Step 11: Once done with the installation process, navigate to '+++++Go Back+++++' and re-start the device by opting 'reboot system now' seen in the recovery menu.
Now your device (Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500) will take a few minutes to complete the booting process.
Users should then head to Settings >> select About phone to confirm the installation of CyanogenMod [Un-official] Android 5.1 Lollipop CM12 custom ROM.
[Credits: Team Android]